Some cosmetic changes in preparation for larger site changes in the works.
Cold Soups - Time for them- whats your favorite. mine is unnamed .. recipe follows ..
Joined: Feb 4, 2008
Posted to Thread #15408 at 3:21 am on Jul 8, 2009
If I had to name this I would say cucumber or
food processor soup..
3 quarts cold chicken soup (I don't measure -just fill a pot to the top)
2 green peppers
at least 6 cloves of garlic
chopped dill - about a cup
1 1/2 cups good olive oil
Process onion, peppers, 4 cukes, garlic till diced really well, even a bit mushy.
Process remaining cukes with dill and olive oil for a good 30 seconds and then add about 1/2 cup of the soup and process again.
Add all to the remaining chicken soup and there it is. Season to taste.
I used to use all the olive oil as above- for watching calories you can down the amount to whatever still tastes good for you.
I have even only added 2-3 tablespoons and it is still edible but the yummier part is with a lot more olive oil.
It makes a lot and we gobble it up very quickly.
Other messages in this thread:
- 15408. Cold Soups - Time for them- whats your favorite. mine is unnamed .. recipe follows .. - elaine - 3:21am on 07/08/09 (5)
- I like this one: Chilled Tomato Soup with Garlic Oil & Mint - Steve2 in LA - 5:04am on 07/08/09
- Looks great, when are you adding the pepper garlic oil? Don't see it in the recipe. - suz - 3:51pm on 07/09/09
- Add it over the top, just before serving. Really nice texture difference. [NT] - Steve2 in LA - 7:52pm on 07/09/09
- Lots of great-sounding cold soups listed here: [NT] [LINK] - Meryl - 8:32am on 07/08/09
- Edna's Strawberry Soup - KC_ - 11:18am on 07/08/09