Some cosmetic changes in preparation for larger site changes in the works.
ISO Crepe recipes. Hooray, I learned how to make crepes today, They were so easy and wonderful!
Joined: Apr 10, 2006
Posted to Thread #15528 at 3:52 am on Jul 18, 2009
I'd love to find recipes to use them, both savory and sweet. A long time ago, (1964), I lived in NYC and there was a fab restaurant in the East 40's (I think) that served just crepes. Maybe called La Creppe? Anyone else remember? Wish I could find some recipes for the kind they made...very French, so tasty. Any thoughts? Thanks a bunch!
"A brandy for the Chef!"
Other messages in this thread:
- 15528. ISO Crepe recipes. Hooray, I learned how to make crepes today, They were so easy and wonderful! - Marianne - 3:52am on 07/18/09 (20)
- How about CrÍpes Suzette? I've made these a couple of times but the only - FloriSandy - 4:27am on 07/18/09
- Marianne, I meant to tell you that I frequented The Magic Pan in the late 70's/early 80's when I [LINK] - FloriSandy - 5:18am on 07/18/09
- OHHHH!!! I used to LOVE their ham and cheese crepe - sure miss them- they were in Bevelry Hills [NT] - cheezz - 12:54am on 07/21/09
- My mom loved this place when they were in L.A. I recall a crepes era in our house, circa 1982-85. [NT] - ErininNY - 2:03am on 07/22/09
- Here is a crepe thread from a while back. Also, fill fresh crepes, still hot, with a handful of baby [LINK] - Joe - 5:05am on 07/18/09
- And here is Julia's recipe for chicken and mushroom roulades. I have never ever had leftovers. [NT] [LINK] - Joe - 5:08am on 07/18/09
- THat'll be breakfast. Strawberries and whip cream. I use 2 pans to make the crepes and save a lot - Marg CDN - 1:27pm on 07/18/09
- Crepes Florentine. Another old one from my archives. I was always asked to bring this to company - Marg CDN - 1:28pm on 07/18/09
- Nutella, sliced bananas, toasted sliced almonds and whipped cream=heaven. [NT] - Michael in Sarasota - 1:49pm on 07/18/09
- Here's an authentic REC for Les Crepes! I lived w/ a French family during the summer - wigs - 3:39pm on 07/18/09
- Two i make a lot- one breakfast sweet and one dinner savory - CathyZ from Kauai - 6:06pm on 07/18/09
- The best....Just made crepe, sprinkle with cinnamon and then lemon juice...eat in hand. [NT] - joanietoo - 7:08pm on 07/18/09
- Sorry, sprinkle with cinnamon sugar and a little fresh lemon juice. [NT] - joanietoo - 7:09pm on 07/18/09
- my favorite "Crepe Cookery" by Mable Hoffman is my crepe bible (NT) [NT] - daricem - 6:15pm on 07/18/09
- BTW, probably la Creperie, if you really wanted to look it up. (Just guessing) [NT] - Marg CDN - 8:10pm on 07/18/09
- tis Julia Child recipe for chicken crepes is terrific, from Joe. I made some with shrimp too [NT] [LINK] - AngAk - 5:22am on 07/19/09
- oops, I see he posted it up above. it's worth a double post! [NT] - AngAk - 5:24am on 07/19/09
- Thank you, one and all, for great Crepe ideas. Can't wait to make more of them! [NT] - Marianne - 4:45pm on 07/19/09
- I mascerate sliced strawberries for an hour in a little brown sugar and sweet wine. - cheezz - 12:55am on 07/21/09
- Oh, swoon...will make tomorrow with left-over crepes! [NT] - Marianne - 4:26am on 07/23/09