Some cosmetic changes in preparation for larger site changes in the works.
|Steve2 in LA||
I'm a little surprised myself but when you take a look at them, you'll see chunks of butter in the
Joined: Feb 7, 2006
Posted to Thread #15652 at 9:24 pm on Jul 28, 2009
pastry and they don't have that too-salty, too-fatty, too chemically thing the pre-made supermarket pastry always has.
Since discovering TJ's pastry, about the only time I make pastry-dough from scratch is if it calls for a special ingredient like ground nuts or flavorings.
I especially like using it to make a Strawberry-Rhubarb pie with a lattice crust, topped with streusel.
Let me know what you think?
Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.
Other messages in this thread:
- 15652. Which pie crust is right for you? Five different versions... [LINK] - MarilynFL - 5:38pm on 07/27/09 (10)
- I've always been a fan of the combo shortning/butter crust. DW wants me to use oil--I'll give it a.. - charlie - 6:43pm on 07/27/09
- What about Trader Joe's pre-made pie pastry? After years of doing it from scratch, I'll use no other [NT] - Steve2 in LA - 6:56am on 07/28/09
- Oh my - I'm going to have to give these a try. That's a helluva endorsement, Steve2 [NT] - deb-in-MI - 11:13am on 07/28/09
- I'm a little surprised myself but when you take a look at them, you'll see chunks of butter in the - Steve2 in LA - 9:24pm on 07/28/09
- IT used to be a seasonal item, have they started carrying it year-round? - LisainLA - 10:55pm on 07/28/09
- Lisa, I'm not sure. When they have 'em I'll buy half a dozen and freeze them. Pie anytime! [NT] - Steve2 in LA - 11:51pm on 07/28/09
- Seasonal - cracks me up. Southern CA doesn't DO seasons... why do they think we only bake - cheezz - 5:01am on 07/29/09
- They have molds for these now, just like the chocolate-covered cookie molds... - Lana in FL - 5:19pm on 07/29/09
- Really?!! I'll have to make a trip up to my cake shop - thanks! [NT] - cheezz - 7:21pm on 07/29/09
- Sorry, I meant the chocolate cups! [NT] - Lana in FL - 5:19pm on 07/29/09