Some cosmetic changes in preparation for larger site changes in the works.
Let me raise you those with these Outrageous Oreo Brownies!
Joined: Feb 12, 2009
Posted to Thread #15714 at 2:18 am on Aug 3, 2009
A nifty rift on her crazy brownies that we make... a little more "outrageous" for sure!
Outrageous Oreo Crunch Brownies (Adapted from Ina Garten)
1 pound unsalted butter
1 pound bittersweet chocolate, cut into chunks
6 ounces unsweetened chocolate, chopped
7 large eggs
2 tablespoons instant espresso powder
2 tablespoons vanilla
2 1/4 cups granulated sugar
1 cup plus 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
1 tablespoon baking powder
1 teaspoon salt
4 cups chopped Oreo cookies
Preheat the oven to 350
Butter and flour an 12″ x 18″ x 1″ baking pan. I like to use foil for ease of getting them out. In a heatproof medium bowl set over a saucepan of simmering water, heat butter, chocolate chunks and unsweetened chocolate until melted and smooth. Set aside and allow to cool slightly.
In a large bowl, stir together eggs, coffee, vanilla and sugar. Blend chocolate mixture into egg mixture and allow to cool to room temperature.
In a medium bowl, whisk together 1 cup flour, baking powder and salt. Add flour mixture to chocolate mixture. In a medium bowl, toss together Oreos and remaining 1/4 cup flour. Add Oreo mixture to chocolate mixture and gently fold to combine. Pour batter into baking pan and smooth top with a rubber spatula.
Bake 28-35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted 3 inches from center comes out clean with some crumbs attached; do not overbake. Allow to cool completely. Refrigerate to get clean cuts.
Other messages in this thread:
- 15714. Need a Brownie recipe with pronounced chocolate flavor. So many are just sweet and brown. Advice? [NT] - diaOKC - 2:42am on 08/02/09 (27)
- I really like this one - no nuts, must love pb: REC: Suzanne’s Peanut Butter Brownies - cheezz - 2:58am on 08/02/09
- REC: Julia Child's Best Ever Brownies - cheezz - 2:59am on 08/02/09
- REC: Alice Medrich’s Classic Fudge Brownies - cheezz - 3:01am on 08/02/09
- THANK YOU, cheezz! I will try Julia's first ... - diaOKC - 3:21am on 08/02/09
- Make sure you use really good-quality chocolate, diaOKC. It is important [NT] - CathyZ from Kauai - 3:34am on 08/02/09
- DO let us know what worked best - MORE chocolate, less flour... my motto exactly :) [NT] - cheezz - 4:39am on 08/02/09
- These are great, very chocolatey, and not too sweet: Super-Fudgy Triple Chocolate Espresso Brownies [LINK] - Meryl - 3:45am on 08/02/09
- My favorite chewy brownie is Fine Cooking's Chewy Brownies: [LINK] - Meryl - 3:46am on 08/02/09
- THANKS, Meryl . Can't wait to evaluate all these new options! [NT] - diaOKC - 4:07am on 08/02/09
- You're very welcome! [NT] - Meryl - 5:01am on 08/02/09
- Need any volunteer testers? [NT] - MarilynFL - 1:47pm on 08/02/09
- WHAT IF we could get a bunch of us together to bake & test these?! [NT] - diaOKC - 4:27pm on 08/02/09
- REC: Ina's Outrageous Brownies - Michael in Sarasota - 3:56pm on 08/02/09
- WOW - thanks! These win the prize for MOST CHOCOLATE to LOWEST FLOWER ratio! [NT] - diaOKC - 4:21pm on 08/02/09
- Um, that's spelled F-L-O-U-R, of course! [NT] - diaOKC - 4:25pm on 08/02/09
- oh, I thought you were using a secret ingredient like rose petals or something *g* [NT] - cheezz - 12:27am on 08/03/09
- These would be my pick too... - MariaDNoCA - 4:21am on 08/03/09
- OMG!!! Over 2 lbs. of chocolate to 1-1/4 cups flour - one bar would make me swoon! [NT] - cheezz - 12:28am on 08/03/09
- I cut them in 1.5 inch squares like fudge. [NT] - Michael in Sarasota - 2:01am on 08/03/09
- Let me raise you those with these Outrageous Oreo Brownies! [LINK] [IMAGE] - desertculinary - 2:18am on 08/03/09
- EVIL!!! You're both EVIL!! Foil hat has melted.... hope is lost.... tell family I love 'em.... [NT] - cheezz - 4:22am on 08/03/09
- Oh, la! That cookie crunch within those brownies. - Michael in Sarasota - 10:42pm on 08/03/09
- I'd recommend .5 inch squares on these, Michael [NT] - cheezz - 3:43am on 08/04/09