Some cosmetic changes in preparation for larger site changes in the works.
And for funsies... here is Bobby Flay's Green Rice~ to die for made it several times now
Joined: May 9, 2008
Posted to Thread #15775 at 1:57 am on Aug 7, 2009
DH loves this recipe, like he says: Try it once you have to have it again and again.....
I make Bobby Flay's Green Rice to go with Tyler Florence's fried chicken... the combo is outstanding.
For every fresh cilantro and pepper lovers this Green Rice is the ultimate and so so delicious
* 1 3/4 cups chicken broth or water
* 2 roasted poblano peppers, stems, seeds and skin removed
* 1 roasted jalapeno pepper, stem, seeds and skin removed
* 1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro leaves, divided
* Kosher salt
* 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
* 1 Spanish onion, finely diced
* 4 garlic cloves, peeled and finely chopped
* 1 1/4 cups long-grain rice
Combine the broth and chiles in a medium saucepan, bring to a boil, and then partially cover and simmer gently over medium to medium-low heat for about 10 minutes. Pour the chile mixture into a food processor, add 1/4 cup cilantro and process to a smooth puree. Season with salt and keep warm.
Wipe the pan clean, add the oil, and heat over medium-high heat. Add the onions and cook until soft. Add the garlic and cook for 1 minute. Stir in the rice and cook for 1 minute. Add the warm broth mixture, stir, and season with salt. Bring to a boil, cover, and then reduce the heat to medium-low and cook for 15 minutes. Remove from the heat and let sit for 5 minutes, covered. Fluff with a fork, transfer to a bowl, and stir in remaining cilantro.
In practicing patience, I possess my own Soul
Other messages in this thread:
- 15775. Tyler Florence just blew me away with this Fall menu---Fall? [NT] - charlie - 8:30pm on 08/06/09 (19)
- REC: Amarone Osso Buco Pot Roast... - charlie - 8:31pm on 08/06/09
- REC: Fall Salad... - charlie - 8:32pm on 08/06/09
- REC; Caramelized Pears with Rum Raisin Mascarpone... - charlie - 8:34pm on 08/06/09
- What time is the above supper being served at your place, charlie? Smile. Wow, does that menu - wigs - 9:05pm on 08/06/09
- I love amarone and now I know exactly what to serve along with it. [NT] - charlie - 10:21pm on 08/06/09
- I agree, I like the carmalized pears... he had a fried chicken that I've made several times now, - dianncy1964 - 9:20pm on 08/06/09
- If you go to the Food Network site you'll be able to see the photos [NT] - charlie - 10:22pm on 08/06/09
- The photos made me hungry for all of this now.... I know what I want to make Saturday :) [NT] - dianncy1964 - 10:36pm on 08/06/09
- Searching Tyler's Fried Chicken I found Scott Peacock & Edna Lewis Miraculously Good Fried Chicken [LINK] - Ann - 12:03am on 08/07/09
- Here is Tyler Florence's Fried Chicken... trust me, it is delicious - dianncy1964 - 1:55am on 08/07/09
- And for funsies... here is Bobby Flay's Green Rice~ to die for made it several times now - dianncy1964 - 1:57am on 08/07/09
- Thanks so much for this, I have several green rice recipes, this one's a bit different. [NT] - Curious1 - 12:17pm on 08/07/09
- Trust me, this is the best Green Rice ever... In fact I'm making it again on Sunday.. [NT] - dianncy1964 - 7:28pm on 08/07/09
- Sandi~ I like the idea of honey in the buttermilk batter, going to start incorporating it ~ Thanks [NT] - dianncy1964 - 7:29pm on 08/07/09
- Tyler's sounds similar to the Ad Hoc Fried Chicken recipe... [LINK] - Sandi in Hawaii - 8:53am on 08/07/09
- Was starting Weight watchers today--OK Maybe tomorrow--It's fried chicken tonight! [NT] - Brooksie - 11:31am on 08/07/09
- Tyler Florence's recipe is my favorite fried chicken. [NT] - Traca - 8:42pm on 08/07/09
- Don't the herbs and garlic burn in the hot oil with all that cooking time? [NT] - suz - 8:58pm on 08/07/09
- Not really [NT] - dianncy1964 - 1:52am on 08/08/09