Some cosmetic changes in preparation for larger site changes in the works.
Michael in Phoenix--you got that right! FK's the only place I really pay attention 2 REC critiquing.
Joined: Mar 10, 2006
Posted to Thread #15777 at 2:55 pm on Aug 7, 2009
If reviewers at other sites are randomly substituting ingredients and/or altering the amounts called for, it really makes me wonder how accurate their cooking techniques are!
Example, if I'd tried that Caramel-Pecan Black Bottom pie on my own off the BA site and had it bomb, I'd have probably thought it simply wasn't a good recipe, but because I got it here recommended by charlie, I knew I had to be doing something wrong. As it turned out, I was doing several things wrong when making the caramel so no wonder it didn't turn out right for me.
Other messages in this thread:
- 15777. Metamorphosis of a recipe: Simple into what I like. . . Do you cook like this? [LINK] - mistral - 1:43am on 08/07/09 (16)
- That's exactly how I cook... - judy-mass - 1:53am on 08/07/09
- I think that's how most of us cook, equal parts skill, improv, luck & whimsy. Ideally, no one dies. [NT] - Steve2 in LA - 3:32am on 08/07/09
- Ha! [NT] - CynUpstateNY - 11:37am on 08/07/09
- And if we're lucky when no one dies, they all say the dish "was to die for!" (nt) [NT] - mistral - 7:18pm on 08/07/09
- Good retort! [NT] - MarilynFL - 11:40pm on 08/07/09
- That's the ticket. What cracks me up is when someone does that to a recipe... - Michael in Phoenix - 2:29pm on 08/07/09
- Michael in Phoenix--you got that right! FK's the only place I really pay attention 2 REC critiquing. - wigs - 2:55pm on 08/07/09
- For years I would try a recipe, automatically doctoring it before trying the original. . . - mistral - 7:19pm on 08/07/09
- Doesn't everyone cook like this?? :-) [NT] - aajay - 2:56pm on 08/07/09
- ummm no. I've never made a curry, so I would follow the recipe "as is" the - MarilynFL - 9:30pm on 08/07/09
- I agree. I know the ingredients that we like so if someone posts something - orchid - 9:59pm on 08/07/09
- Mistral, this is how Kevin Lynch develops his recipes on Closet Cooking... [LINK] - Michael in Phoenix - 3:24pm on 08/07/09
- Michael--then Kevin and I must be twins from different mothers! --Been doing this for years! (nt) [NT] - mistral - 7:10pm on 08/07/09
- Mistral, I'm glad you liked the um... recipe. LOL! I figured one could do a lot with the simple [LINK] - FloriSandy - 5:54pm on 08/07/09
- Holy MOLY! My shrimp version looks to be almost just the same as this chicken version-- - mistral - 7:16pm on 08/07/09
- I made this, too (and totally changed it!) - colleenmomof2 - 7:21pm on 08/10/09