Some cosmetic changes in preparation for larger site changes in the works.
REC: Hearty Homestyle Chicken Pot Pie - this would good to just serve the filling over noodles.
Joined: Jul 17, 2006
Posted to Thread #15840 at 8:01 pm on Aug 12, 2009
Hearty Homestyle Chicken Pot Pie
Makes 5 servings
2 cans Campbell’s Cream of broccoli soup
3/4 cup milk
1/4 tsp. dried thyme, crushed
1/4 tsp. pepper
4 cups cooked cut-up vegetables (broccoli, cauliflower, carrots and potatoes)
2 cups cubed cooked chicken or turkey
1 can (10-oz.) refrigerated flaky biscuits (like Hungry Jack)
1. In a 3 qt baking dish, combine the soup, milk, thyme, and pepper. Stir in the vegetables and chicken.
2. Bake at 400 deg. for 15 minutes or until mixture begins to bubble. Meanwhile, cut each biscuit into quarters.
3. Remove dish from oven; stir. Arrange biscuit pieces over hot chicken mixture. Bake 15 minutes or until biscuits are golden brown.
VARIATION: Top with melted cheddar or swiss cheese (grated) for the last 5 minutes of baking.
Inside me lives a skinny woman crying to get out, but I can usually shut her up with cookies!
Other messages in this thread:
- 15840. Anyone around that wants to give me a little jump start or inspiration in a - orchid - 6:56pm on 08/12/09 (25)
- If they're already cooked, it kind of limits you - maybe slice them and - DawnNYS - 7:27pm on 08/12/09
- Or maybe Buffalo chicken fingers - DawnNYS - 7:35pm on 08/12/09
- Or grilled cherry chicken breasts - DawnNYS - 7:45pm on 08/12/09
- We just made barb's lemon pasta again with grilled chicken on top [LINK] - MarilynFL - 7:28pm on 08/12/09
- Thanks again, barb_b. [NT] - MarilynFL - 7:31pm on 08/12/09
- So glad you enjoy the rec as much as we do!! [NT] - barb_b - 8:54pm on 08/12/09
- I love this idea. My guy loves anything lemon. Thanks! [NT] - orchid - 9:20pm on 08/12/09
- I'm uncertain as to what you're asking for, but how about Asian sesame noodles and chicken? [NT] - Curious1 - 7:34pm on 08/12/09
- Do you have Broccoli? Slice the breasts and make Chicken Divan with noodles on the side. [NT] - Curious1 - 7:41pm on 08/12/09
- My sister-in-law made this the other night and it was very good. [NT] - Dawn_MO - 7:51pm on 08/12/09
- I love Chicken Divan, and always forget about it. Thanks! [NT] - LisainLA - 8:56pm on 08/12/09
- I actually don't know what Chicken Divan is. I could do a search but do you - orchid - 9:26pm on 08/12/09
- This one's good and there are a lot more recipes using cooked chicken in this thread. [NT] [LINK] - Curious1 - 9:49pm on 08/12/09
- Here are a few that you might like. - Dawn_MO - 7:45pm on 08/12/09
- How was the chicken cooked? If it's on the plain side, you could serve it cold with this Chinese [LINK] - Shaun in TO - 7:47pm on 08/12/09
- REC: Chicken Pecan Quiche - cheezz - 7:57pm on 08/12/09
- Oh Wow! I just made a Ham, Broccoli and Swiss Cheese quiche but I - orchid - 9:48pm on 08/12/09
- This would work even if chicken is already cooked: REC: Chopstick Chicken - cheezz - 7:59pm on 08/12/09
- REC: Hearty Homestyle Chicken Pot Pie - this would good to just serve the filling over noodles. - cheezz - 8:01pm on 08/12/09
- What about this? REC: Green Chile Chicken Chilaquiles - Steve2 in LA - 8:08pm on 08/12/09
- There were kisses flowing northwest this weekend after another Steve2 chilaquile breakfast. [NT] - MarilynFL - 8:32pm on 08/12/09
- This one is going to the top of the pile! [NT] - orchid - 9:06pm on 08/12/09
- Here's Steve's other chilaquile recipe that I used. [LINK] - MarilynFL - 9:20pm on 08/12/09
- Yum! I really want these - can you make it in advance?? [NT] - Heather_in_SF - 3:44pm on 08/15/09
- Wowie everyone! I always say...Ask and you shall receive! Now, if I had - orchid - 9:03pm on 08/12/09