Some cosmetic changes in preparation for larger site changes in the works.
|Shaun in TO||
Orchid, here's one for your lemon-loving guy: Angel Hair Pasta in Lemon Butter Sauce
Joined: Mar 12, 2006
Posted to Thread #15842 at 10:32 pm on Aug 12, 2009
This is simple, warm, comforting, tasty. Great as one of those "We're not that hungry but we do want something and we don't want to go to a lot of trouble" dinners (aka "That was a wild party and we drank a titch too much and they didn't have nearly enough food and it's late and we're starving"). Everything's usually on hand here except the chives, which aren't essential anyway.
I don't know where I got the recipe.
Angel Hair Pasta in Lemon Butter Sauce
1/4 cup butter
4 oz. angel hair pasta
2 cups chicken stock
1/4 cup lemon juice
1 tsp lemon zest
2 Tbsp snipped chives
Crack up pasta into roughly 2-inch pieces. Melt butter in a large saucepan until it's frothy, then toss pasta into butter, thoroughly coating. Stir in the stock. Cover and cook on medium-low for 15 to 30 minutes, until almost all the stock is absorbed and pasta is cooked. (Don't let it get too dry.)
Stir in lemon juice, zest, chives and pepper. Serve topped with Parmesan.
Other messages in this thread:
- 15842. Orchid, here's one for your lemon-loving guy: Angel Hair Pasta in Lemon Butter Sauce - Shaun in TO - 10:32pm on 08/12/09 (12)
- Thank you Shaun and love your reasoning for making it. LOL Sounds - orchid - 11:15pm on 08/12/09
- Here's another one orchid. Rec: Chicken with Lemon Sauce - FloriSandy - 12:19am on 08/13/09
- Gosh, thanks Sandy. Both of these recipes look so good and easy. And boy, do I need easy! Thanks [NT] - orchid - 1:10am on 08/13/09
- Shaun, it is perfection. I'm cooking it now. [NT] - Richard in Cincy - 1:18am on 08/13/09
- Can I first say wow. what a wonderful recipe... - Richard in Cincy - 1:41am on 08/13/09
- This is on for Friday for sure! [NT] - orchid - 3:14am on 08/13/09
- Well, I'm over a century old and never knew you didn't have to boil pasta. Goes to show you're never - MarilynFL - 4:03pm on 08/13/09
- This recipe looks so good. Years ago I had a recipe for spaghetti with ground beef and tomato sauce - Curious1 - 4:19pm on 08/13/09
- A century old? Does that make you, officially, the oldest geezer here? HA [NT] - cheezz - 8:38pm on 08/13/09
- I'll be giving this a try soon - thanks! [NT] - deb-in-MI - 9:04pm on 08/13/09