Some cosmetic changes in preparation for larger site changes in the works.
ISO: does anyone know the Boston bakery that's famous for their lemon macaroons?
Joined: Jul 17, 2006
Posted to Thread #15880 at 1:06 am on Aug 16, 2009
Little round macaroons with a flaky lemon-powdered-sugar type filling and covered with white chocolate. Trying to find a recipe for these - thanks!
Update - I think it's called Lakota Bakery. The cookie seems to be a macaroon like amaretti. The thick lemony frosting on top forms a thin hard shell and then white chocolate is drizzled over. It's the lemony frosting recipe that's most needed - must be the kind that forms that thin shell. The frosting on this cookie isn't a glaze - it's thick like on a cupcake.
Inside me lives a skinny woman crying to get out, but I can usually shut her up with cookies!
Other messages in this thread:
- 15880. ISO: does anyone know the Boston bakery that's famous for their lemon macaroons? - cheezz - 1:06am on 08/16/09 (4)
- I found their website... [LINK] - judy-mass - 7:46am on 08/16/09
- cheezz - Found actual photo of both their chocolate and lemon macaroon (no recipe) [NT] [LINK] - GayR - 8:23am on 08/16/09
- cheezz - looks like a "French Macaroon," and just guessing the filling could be a fondant of some - GayR - 8:35am on 08/16/09
- DD and friend have picked it apart trying to figure out the filling. The cookie they can guess, - cheezz - 5:38pm on 08/16/09