Some cosmetic changes in preparation for larger site changes in the works.
Rec: Herb and Garlic-Crusted Beef Tenderloin....made this a while back, very good.
Joined: Dec 9, 2005
Posted to Thread #16088 at 6:17 pm on Sep 5, 2009
Herb and Garlic-Crusted Beef Tenderloin
Here's a centerpiece dish that really lives up to the name. Uncork a Cabernet Sauvignon, red Bordeaux or red Super-Tuscan.
8 tablespoons olive oil
2 2 1/4- to 2 3/4-pound pieces beef tenderloin (thick end), trimmed
6 garlic cloves, minced
2 1/2 tablespoons minced fresh thyme
2 1/2 tablespoons minced fresh rosemary
6 tablespoons Dijon mustard
Preheat oven to 375̊F. Rub 1 tablespoon oil over each beef piece. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Heat 2 large nonstick skillets over high heat. Add 1 beef piece to each; brown on all sides, about 5 minutes. Place beef pieces in large roasting pan. Mix 6 tablespoons oil, garlic, 2 tablespoons thyme and 2 tablespoons rosemary in small bowl. Coat top and sides of beef pieces with mustard, then with herb mixture. Roast until meat thermometer inserted into center of beef registers 125̊F for medium-rare, about 45 minutes. Transfer to platter. Let stand 10 minutes. Cut beef into 1/2-inch-thick slices. Sprinkle with remaining 1/2 tablespoon each of thyme and rosemary and serve with pepper relish.
Makes 10 servings.
12/99 Bon Appétit
Pat's notes: Excellent!!! and so easy. The pepper relish didn't get good reviews at Epicurious so I didn't make it, and it was fine without. Used a 2 lb. beef tenderloin. Good accompaniments were a caesar salad and herb roasted red potatoes with red onion and coarsely chopped garlic. Leftovers can be thinly sliced to use on Roast Beef Crostini.
Other messages in this thread:
- 16088. What would *you* do with a 2.5# Filet Mignon Roast? - LisainLA - 4:31pm on 09/05/09 (24)
- eat it? [NT] - rvb - 5:16pm on 09/05/09
- for some reason I was thinking about this recipe this morning--coffee rubbed filet - Nan - 5:21pm on 09/05/09
- I have made epi's recipe with bacon ...YUM!! What a treat! I use it for our annual christmas eve - barb_b - 6:11pm on 09/05/09
- Hi barb, is the bacon one the same as Pat posted below? - LisainLA - 6:28am on 09/06/09
- That's the one!! It really is good! I have made it twice for special occasions. [NT] - barb_b - 11:03am on 09/06/09
- I am search challenged on our other site. It was nlb's elegant beef stroganoff. If anyone can help - barb_b - 11:06am on 09/06/09
- I'll find it barb, thanks for the tip! [NT] - LisainLA - 4:53pm on 09/06/09
- Here it is>>>nlb's Beef Stroganoff [LINK] - LisainLA - 5:00pm on 09/06/09
- That's it! Thanks for tracking it down! [NT] - barb_b - 12:01pm on 09/07/09
- barb, it's also posted here in T&T Beef. [NT] - AngAk - 9:33pm on 09/08/09
- Thanks Ang. I forgot that search doesn't default to all posts on FK. [NT] - barb_b - 1:37pm on 09/09/09
- Rec: Herb and Garlic-Crusted Beef Tenderloin....made this a while back, very good. [LINK] - Pat-NoCal - 6:17pm on 09/05/09
- This Beef Tenderloin with Roasted Shallots, Bacon and Port has been on my to-try list for a while. [NT] [LINK] - Pat-NoCal - 6:20pm on 09/05/09
- I love this. Made several times and folks nearly lick the sauce off the plate. [NT] - MariaDNoCA - 7:10pm on 09/05/09
- Love this one also!! Lovely dish! [NT] - barb_b - 11:07am on 09/06/09
- You could cut them into individual steaks. Look at all the [LINK] - Pat-NoCal - 6:23pm on 09/05/09
- Here's a recipe I saw prepared on a TV show. Looks good. - Sylvia - 9:26pm on 09/05/09
- Sorry about how the recipe is formatted. I just did a copy and paste and that's how it translated. [NT] - Sylvia - 9:27pm on 09/05/09
- Let's try again: Beef Tenderoloin & Gumbo - Sylvia - 9:48pm on 09/05/09
- This sounds really unusual and tasty, Sylvia. Thanks, I'm definitely going to try this. [NT] - LisainLA - 6:27am on 09/06/09
- This recipe will wow your guests...it is tried and true and fabulous - KarenNoCA - 11:30pm on 09/05/09
- BBQ.... - Sandra in New York - 1:39am on 09/06/09
- Thanks everyone, these all look really great! [NT] - LisainLA - 6:31am on 09/06/09
- Thanks everyone, I ended up making the one with Roasted Shallots, Bacon and Port - Wow! [LINK] - LisainLA - 4:35pm on 09/13/09