Some cosmetic changes in preparation for larger site changes in the works.
My Caterday Six
Joined: Dec 9, 2005
Posted to Thread #16091 at 10:10 pm on Sep 5, 2009
1. Made a double batch of Malted Milk Ice Cream this am.
2. Going to TJ's to buy eggs and truffle brownie mix. Will stop by Long's next door to see if I can find Symphony bars to try out the Symphony Brownies. Hope I don't forget to buy dry ice to transport ice cream.
3. Will make and try out the chocolate sauce recipe from Perfect Scoop.
4. Make double batch of brownies.
5. Going to make another double batch of the ice cream now that I tasted it. Yum. Will bring all to the bbq tomorrow. I'm hoping this will make enough to feed the 15 or so folks in fun end o' summer style so they can build their own little ice cream topped brownie sundaes.
6. Continue to declutter house. Prep for Halloween -- got both new Halloween cookie cutters and a silly-con MS pumpkin cake mold from ebay. Yay!
The man who carries a cat by the tail learns something that can be learned in no other way. - MTwain
Other messages in this thread:
- Saturday Six - Dawn_MO - 7:13pm on 09/05/09
- heehee... a case of "the cure is worse than the bark"... the penny can never worked for my pup :) [NT] - cheezz - 7:50pm on 09/05/09
- Oh, and I found quite by accident that when I eat too many carbs it makes my joints hurt! [NT] - cheezz - 7:50pm on 09/05/09
- This is pretty much what I am doing. [LINK] - Dawn_MO - 10:49pm on 09/05/09
- I'm surprised to see that lean meats are higher/more sparse on the pyramid than - DawnNYS - 4:25am on 09/06/09
- I know. - Dawn_MO - 11:03am on 09/06/09
- surprised to see pasta there, though.... too many carbs! [NT] - cheezz - 4:07pm on 09/06/09
- It's only 2-3 times a week, 1/2 cup cooked. - Dawn_MO - 4:28pm on 09/06/09
- I am on Monic too! I swear we are living parallel lives! lol - DawnNYS - 8:02pm on 09/06/09
- oh good! I'm glad to see I'm on the "pyramid plan" :) [NT] - cheezz - 4:06pm on 09/06/09
- my Saturday Six - cheezz - 7:52pm on 09/05/09
- Saturday Six - PatBastrop - 8:12pm on 09/05/09
- That second cup of coffee is sometimes better than the first, no? ;) [NT] - ErininNY - 10:36pm on 09/05/09
- Yes! By then I'm awake enough to enjoy it :) Oh, and Pat, the Blue Bell and cake.... YUM! [NT] - cheezz - 4:09pm on 09/06/09
- Don't ya just love Monk?! [NT] - DawnNYS - 8:09pm on 09/06/09
- Saturday Six - Amanda_Pennsylvania - 9:41pm on 09/05/09
- My Caterday Six - MariaDNoCA - 10:10pm on 09/05/09
- Maria, thanks for posting abou ttha ice cream, it's on my to try list! [NT] - LisainLA - 4:44pm on 09/06/09
- The ice cream was a bit hit -- folks and kids alike going back for 3rds. - MariaDNoCA - 8:30am on 09/07/09
- Amanda, I love the chicken casserole, one of the few I did enjoy my Mom making - LisainLA - 4:44pm on 09/06/09
- I like it, too. So easy. True comfort food. [NT] - Amanda_Pennsylvania - 5:52pm on 09/06/09
- Your peach sparkle pie sounds good! Cute name. [NT] - DawnNYS - 8:10pm on 09/06/09
- But it won't gell! It's in the fridge and it won't gell. Ack. I don't know what to do. [NT] - Amanda_Pennsylvania - 6:55pm on 09/07/09
- can you 'pour' out the liquid? mix with a little cornstarch, bring to simmer until thickened - cheezz - 7:09pm on 09/07/09
- My weekend six - DawnNYS - 4:11am on 09/06/09
- Have fun! [NT] - Dawn_MO - 11:05am on 09/06/09