Some cosmetic changes in preparation for larger site changes in the works.
|Lisa - LA||
Here it is>>>nlb's Beef Stroganoff
Joined: Dec 9, 2005
Posted to Thread #16088 at 5:00 pm on Sep 6, 2009
<i>rec. Beef Stroganoff...>
This elegant recipe is easily multiplied.
2 1/2 lb. filet of beef tenderloin
5 1/2 T butter
1 1/2 c onion
2 cloves garlic, chopped fine
1 1/2 lb fresh mushrooms, sliced 1/4" thick
4 T flour
1 T meat extract paste, Bovril
1 1/2 T ketchup
1 t salt
freshly ground black pepper
10 1/2 oz. can beef bouillon, undiluted
1/2 c dry white wine
1 1/2 T finely snipped fresh dill
2 c sour cream
Fresh dill as garnish
Trim fat from meat. Cut filet crosswise (against grain) into 1/2 inch thick slices. Cut each slice across the grain into 1/2 inch wide strips.
Slowly heat a large heavy skillet. Melt 1 T of butter and add beef strips just enough to cover the skillet bottom. If necessary, do this process again. Over heat, sear quickly on all sides, with tongs, remove the beef as it browns. Brown outside — rare inside. Set aside.
In 3 T hot butter in the same skillet, sauté onions, garlic, and mushroom until onion is golden — about 5 minutes. Remove from the heat. Add flour, meat extract paste, ketchup, salt and pepper and stir until smooth. Gradually add the bouillon and bring to a boil stirring. Reduce the heat and simmer 5 minutes.
Over low heat, add the wine, snipped fill and sour cream, stirring until well combined. Do not boil.
Add beef and simmer just until the sauce and beef are hot.
2 T fresh dill over the top.
Serve in chafing dish with wide egg noodles.
Source: Helen J. White
Link: nlb's Beef Stroganoff
Other messages in this thread:
- 16088. What would *you* do with a 2.5# Filet Mignon Roast? - LisainLA - 4:31pm on 09/05/09 (24)
- eat it? [NT] - rvb - 5:16pm on 09/05/09
- for some reason I was thinking about this recipe this morning--coffee rubbed filet - Nan - 5:21pm on 09/05/09
- I have made epi's recipe with bacon ...YUM!! What a treat! I use it for our annual christmas eve - barb_b - 6:11pm on 09/05/09
- Hi barb, is the bacon one the same as Pat posted below? - LisainLA - 6:28am on 09/06/09
- That's the one!! It really is good! I have made it twice for special occasions. [NT] - barb_b - 11:03am on 09/06/09
- I am search challenged on our other site. It was nlb's elegant beef stroganoff. If anyone can help - barb_b - 11:06am on 09/06/09
- I'll find it barb, thanks for the tip! [NT] - LisainLA - 4:53pm on 09/06/09
- Here it is>>>nlb's Beef Stroganoff [LINK] - LisainLA - 5:00pm on 09/06/09
- That's it! Thanks for tracking it down! [NT] - barb_b - 12:01pm on 09/07/09
- barb, it's also posted here in T&T Beef. [NT] - AngAk - 9:33pm on 09/08/09
- Thanks Ang. I forgot that search doesn't default to all posts on FK. [NT] - barb_b - 1:37pm on 09/09/09
- Rec: Herb and Garlic-Crusted Beef Tenderloin....made this a while back, very good. [LINK] - Pat-NoCal - 6:17pm on 09/05/09
- This Beef Tenderloin with Roasted Shallots, Bacon and Port has been on my to-try list for a while. [NT] [LINK] - Pat-NoCal - 6:20pm on 09/05/09
- I love this. Made several times and folks nearly lick the sauce off the plate. [NT] - MariaDNoCA - 7:10pm on 09/05/09
- Love this one also!! Lovely dish! [NT] - barb_b - 11:07am on 09/06/09
- You could cut them into individual steaks. Look at all the [LINK] - Pat-NoCal - 6:23pm on 09/05/09
- Here's a recipe I saw prepared on a TV show. Looks good. - Sylvia - 9:26pm on 09/05/09
- Sorry about how the recipe is formatted. I just did a copy and paste and that's how it translated. [NT] - Sylvia - 9:27pm on 09/05/09
- Let's try again: Beef Tenderoloin & Gumbo - Sylvia - 9:48pm on 09/05/09
- This sounds really unusual and tasty, Sylvia. Thanks, I'm definitely going to try this. [NT] - LisainLA - 6:27am on 09/06/09
- This recipe will wow your guests...it is tried and true and fabulous - KarenNoCA - 11:30pm on 09/05/09
- BBQ.... - Sandra in New York - 1:39am on 09/06/09
- Thanks everyone, these all look really great! [NT] - LisainLA - 6:31am on 09/06/09
- Thanks everyone, I ended up making the one with Roasted Shallots, Bacon and Port - Wow! [LINK] - LisainLA - 4:35pm on 09/13/09