Some cosmetic changes in preparation for larger site changes in the works.
Joined: Apr 23, 2006
Posted to Thread #16188 at 11:52 pm on Sep 13, 2009
Palomilla Steal (Bistec de Palomilla)
Makes 6 servings
The sauce for this thin cut of top sirloin is prepared in the same skillet as the steaks retain the browm juices. You will need to prepare this recipe in two batches unless you have two large skillets.
3 Tbl butter
1 olive oil
6 thin-sliced boneless sirloin steaks (less than 1/2" thick)
2 Tbl fresh lemon juice
Salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
In a large skillet, melt 1/2 Tbl of the butter with 1/2 Tbl of the oil over high heat. Continuously swirl the skillet until the butter foams and then the foam begins to subside. Place 3 of the steaks, with at least 1/2 " between each one, in the skillet and saute one minute on each side. Remove the steaks to a serving platter and keep warm in the oven while repeating the process with the remaining steaks.
Remove the steaks from the oven and place the remaining steaks on the serving platter. Drain the excess grease from pan and discard. Add the lemon juice and salt and pepper and stir over medium heat, scraping up any brown bits. Add remaining two Tbl butter and whisk until melted, then pour it over the steaks and serve.
From: A Taste of Cuba ( Linette Creen)
Other messages in this thread:
- 16188. ISO Orchid... I found one of my Cuban cookbooks - woody - 11:51pm on 09/13/09 (7)
- REC:Palomilla Steak - woody - 11:52pm on 09/13/09
- This recipe seems plain, I know that at Cuban restaurants they serve it with ALOT of grilled onions. [NT] - woody - 11:54pm on 09/13/09
- Woody, this is a recipe I found on Cubacuban.com, - Cindy - 5:57am on 09/14/09
- This sounds more authentic Cindy, I'll have to try it! [NT] - woody - 12:33pm on 09/14/09
- Woody, so sorry for the late response. I've been off line for several days. - orchid - 6:38pm on 09/16/09
- This sounds good also! Have you eaten at La Granja? - woody - 1:11pm on 09/17/09
- Man, I am missing so much here lately. Just saw this Woody. No, I - orchid - 11:48pm on 09/18/09