Some cosmetic changes in preparation for larger site changes in the works.
Can anyone smell Judy in Mass's Pear and Walnut cake in the oven? What a crop this year!!
Joined: Dec 10, 2005
Posted to Thread #16189 at 1:39 am on Sep 14, 2009
Well, not that the cakes grew on the tree, but I'm on cake number 2 and the pears have been outstanding. the entire neighbourhood is loving them.
But also have perfected the recipe for Pear Tequila.
We had a lousy Summer but lots of rain in the Spring and early Summer and the fruits are the result.
Other messages in this thread:
- 16189. Can anyone smell Judy in Mass's Pear and Walnut cake in the oven? What a crop this year!! - Marg CDN - 1:39am on 09/14/09 (23)
- ???!!! :)) - PatBastrop - 2:09am on 09/14/09
- Pat, here's the link to the cake...REC: Lake Country Pear and Walnut Cake. [NT] [LINK] - judy-mass - 12:10pm on 09/14/09
- Thanks, Judy ! It looks heavenly -- I'll get some pears today! YUM [NT] - PatBastrop - 12:30pm on 09/14/09
- I sub spiced dark rum for the water and I bake it for 50 min in a bundt pan. I also find that - Marg CDN - 3:05pm on 09/14/09
- I am going to make this for Friday morning coffee with the in-laws. - Dawn_MO - 1:15pm on 09/16/09
- I think it would be fine, maybe mixed with extra butter? [NT] - DawnNYS - 1:52am on 09/17/09
- my cake is out of oven---oh the smell! I'm making the topping from nlb's banana bread [LINK] - AngAk - 5:55am on 09/17/09
- Made this to take to a get together tonight and it was delish! - Dawn_MO - 3:17am on 09/20/09
- I just baked this last night, and right now it is gone! . . . - mistral - 10:33pm on 09/15/09
- It's on my list for this week---buying pears today. It's for a church breakfast, rum or no rum, hmm [NT] - AngAk - 11:58pm on 09/15/09
- I made it and it was very good I only used 4 pears also picked blackberries and made jelly [NT] - carol whidbey Is - 11:10am on 09/16/09
- Don't think it needs any special topping. Won't SOMEone TRY putting it away for 2 weeks!!? - Marg CDN - 3:02pm on 09/16/09
- now that's quite the challenge! I think it's ready for T&T. [NT] - AngAk - 6:36pm on 09/16/09
- Ok, I'll try. I want to make it for a dinner next Friday night. - Amanda_Pennsylvania - 8:57pm on 09/16/09
- yay, 3 eggs down, 21 to go! [NT] - AngAk - 9:05pm on 09/16/09
- Ooo! I should have an egg countdown! [NT] - Amanda_Pennsylvania - 1:38pm on 09/17/09
- I love fritattas and stratas, another good way to use your eggs. [NT] - Curious1 - 5:03pm on 09/17/09
- Agreed C1, and potato omelets like this yummy one. Rec: Tortilla Espanola (Potato Omelet) - Pat-NoCal - 5:26pm on 09/17/09
- Brioche, Baby! Then save the whites for a whites omelet. [NT] - Marg CDN - 6:59pm on 09/17/09
- meant to say I made blackberry jam also not for a topping. - carol whidbey Is - 12:21pm on 09/17/09
- This cake is in the oven -- smells fabulous! and I used my KA new beater-scraper -- it is AWESOME!! [NT] - PatBastrop - 4:14pm on 09/17/09
- Made this last night w/ 6 pears, and it is excellent! :) Yum! (Will add cryst. ginger next time!) [NT] - ErininNY - 1:47pm on 09/23/09
- I've added it to T&T cakes with credit to judy for the wonderful recipe. [NT] - AngAk - 5:39pm on 09/23/09