Some cosmetic changes in preparation for larger site changes in the works.
Woody, this is a recipe I found on Cubacuban.com,
Joined: Jan 16, 2007
Posted to Thread #16188 at 5:57 am on Sep 14, 2009
it doesn't call for grilled onions, just raw chopped ones, but I would probably just pan fry a bunch of onions after the steaks were cooked.
INGREDIENTS (should serve 2)
* 2 x 10oz boneless sirloin steaks
* 3 cloves of garlic
* 1 tablespoon of olive oil
* 1/2 cup of diced white onions
* 1/4 cup of chopped fresh parsley
* the juice of one lemon
* salt (for taste)
Chop up three cloves of garlic and rub into your two boneless sirloin steaks. Add some lemon juice, cover (with plastic wrap) and refrigerate for half an hour. Heat up some olive oil in a frying pan. Add some salt, for taste, to the steaks and then place them in the frying pan. Cook both sides, quickly, till done. Serve with chopped parsley, onion and a wedge of lemon garnish; and with white rice and/or fried potatoes.
Other messages in this thread:
- 16188. ISO Orchid... I found one of my Cuban cookbooks - woody - 11:51pm on 09/13/09 (7)
- REC:Palomilla Steak - woody - 11:52pm on 09/13/09
- This recipe seems plain, I know that at Cuban restaurants they serve it with ALOT of grilled onions. [NT] - woody - 11:54pm on 09/13/09
- Woody, this is a recipe I found on Cubacuban.com, - Cindy - 5:57am on 09/14/09
- This sounds more authentic Cindy, I'll have to try it! [NT] - woody - 12:33pm on 09/14/09
- Woody, so sorry for the late response. I've been off line for several days. - orchid - 6:38pm on 09/16/09
- This sounds good also! Have you eaten at La Granja? - woody - 1:11pm on 09/17/09
- Man, I am missing so much here lately. Just saw this Woody. No, I - orchid - 11:48pm on 09/18/09