Some cosmetic changes in preparation for larger site changes in the works.
Woody, so sorry for the late response. I've been off line for several days.
Joined: Dec 15, 2005
Posted to Thread #16188 at 6:38 pm on Sep 16, 2009
I think this steak is going to be pretty straight forward. It seems to be easy to recreate compared to some of them. Like the chicken and yellow rice. What is new to me with your recipe and Cindy's is the onions. When we have ordered it it has never had onions. Hummm. This is the recipe I pulled quite some time ago and I think it is from 3 Guys From Miami. And I'm going to go look for the Estefan's cookbook. That has got to be authentic!
Olive oil (for frying)
4 thin-sliced, boneless sirloin steaks (approx. 8 ounces each)
Juice of one lime
4 tablespoons butter
3 cloves garlic peeled and minced
Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
Place the steaks between two sheets of wax paper and use a meat hammer to make them very thin.
In a large frying pan, heat olive oil over high heat. Just before the oil starts to smoke, drop the steaks in, one or two at a time. You have to be very quick! Heat each side no more than one minute -- less time if you like your meat rare.
Once the steaks are cooked, remove the steaks, remove pan from heat and quickly add lime juice to deglaze the pan. Add four tablespoons of butter and the garlic. Return to low heat and cook long enough to heat through, but do not brown or otherwise overcook the garlic. Pour the sauce on the steaks, season with salt and pepper, and serve with fresh lime sections.
Eat, drink, and be merry, for tomorrow we may diet.
Other messages in this thread:
- 16188. ISO Orchid... I found one of my Cuban cookbooks - woody - 11:51pm on 09/13/09 (7)
- REC:Palomilla Steak - woody - 11:52pm on 09/13/09
- This recipe seems plain, I know that at Cuban restaurants they serve it with ALOT of grilled onions. [NT] - woody - 11:54pm on 09/13/09
- Woody, this is a recipe I found on Cubacuban.com, - Cindy - 5:57am on 09/14/09
- This sounds more authentic Cindy, I'll have to try it! [NT] - woody - 12:33pm on 09/14/09
- Woody, so sorry for the late response. I've been off line for several days. - orchid - 6:38pm on 09/16/09
- This sounds good also! Have you eaten at La Granja? - woody - 1:11pm on 09/17/09
- Man, I am missing so much here lately. Just saw this Woody. No, I - orchid - 11:48pm on 09/18/09