Some cosmetic changes in preparation for larger site changes in the works.
|Steve2 in LA||
Use slices as the pork in a Cuban Sandwich. Put pork, ham, swiss cheese, dill pickle slices
Joined: Feb 7, 2006
Posted to Thread #16248 at 6:23 am on Sep 21, 2009
and yellow mustard on a bolillo or other french-type roll. The order is significant because it affects the flavor.
Slice the bread open face so that both halves are still barely connected and spread mustard on both halves. Add the ham, and then the roasted pork.
Add your Swiss cheese and then a few pickle slices.
Make sure to brush some softened butter on the outside of the bread. Place the sandwich in a Cuban sandwich press and press down until the cheese is melted and the bread is slightly hard to the touch.
You can also place the sandwich in a hot skillet and press down on it with a heavy kitchen object, maybe a baking pan (some use a brick wrapped in tin foil when nothing else is available.)
When finished, slice the sandwich diagonally across the middle so that you have two triangle shaped wedges
Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.
Other messages in this thread:
- 16248. Okay, 2 people can eat only so much pork tenderloin. Ideas for leftovers, please? Many thanks. [NT] - Marianne - 7:03pm on 09/20/09 (13)
- Mu-Shu Burritos. I saved this one Richard posted for leftover tenderloin. [NT] [LINK] - Curious1 - 7:12pm on 09/20/09
- Thai Pork Salad with Chili Dressing, another I've saved. - Curious1 - 7:14pm on 09/20/09
- New Mexican Pork & Green Chile Stew - Curious1 - 7:19pm on 09/20/09
- Pork Tenderloin Salad with Julia's Sweet and Sour Dressing [NT] [LINK] - Joe - 7:29pm on 09/20/09
- Love this!!! The dressing is fabulous! Tx again Joe for a keeper rec [NT] - barb_b - 10:16pm on 09/20/09
- Make sure you slice some really thin and then make a sandwich. . . - mistral - 7:33pm on 09/20/09
- Use slices as the pork in a Cuban Sandwich. Put pork, ham, swiss cheese, dill pickle slices - Steve2 in LA - 6:23am on 09/21/09
- Steve2, these were delish! Used yellow mustard and dill pickles and butter, Oh My. - Marianne - 2:09pm on 09/22/09
- Yay! We like 'em 'round here too. [NT] - Steve2 in LA - 12:00am on 09/23/09
- Yes, very nice as a sandwich. I do butter, salt, and pepper with mine. [NT] - Amanda_Pennsylvania - 6:41pm on 09/21/09
- forgive me, but am I the only one who likes pork sandwiches with salt/pepper and Miracle Whip?? - AngAk - 9:49pm on 09/21/09
- Shred or chop finely leftover pork and warm up in micro with a little bbq sauce and serve on - Elenor - 7:46pm on 09/20/09
- I chop or slice it and add to stir-fried rice. Or, like Elenor says, bbq pork sammies [LINK] - cheezz - 8:45pm on 09/20/09