Some cosmetic changes in preparation for larger site changes in the works.
Rec: Stupidly Simple Taco Soup
Joined: Apr 23, 2006
Posted to Thread #16288 at 4:22 pm on Sep 25, 2009
I made this so many times last winter. I usually double the recipe and freeze to take to lunch at work. I donít add the corn but thatís just my preference. Sorry I donít remember which magazine this came from but there are many variations out there.
Rec:Stupidly Simple Taco Soup
Makes 10 servings (about 14 cups), Prep: 10 min Cook: 30 min
1 lb ground beef
2 (16oz) cans pinto beans, rinsed and drained
1 (32oz) container chicken broth
1 (15oz) can black beans, drained and rinsed
1 (11oz) can shoepeg corn, drained
1 (10oz) can diced tomatoes and green chiles
1 (1.25oz) package taco seasoning mix
Toppings: sour cream, shredded Monterey Jack cheese, fresh lime juice, tortillas chips
Cook ground beef in large Dutch oven over medium heat, stirring until beef crumbles and is no longer pink; drain and return to Dutch oven.
Stir in pinto beans and next 6 ingredients. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat, and simmer, stirring occasionally, 20 minutes. Serve with desired toppings.
Other messages in this thread:
- 16288. Rec: Stupidly Simple Taco Soup - woody - 4:22pm on 09/25/09 (5)
- That sounds great. I'm doing it as soon as I get the stuff. I love soup. Thanks Woody. [NT] - Elenor - 5:30pm on 09/25/09
- This is a good comfort food recipe. I made it a few times last year and everyone loved it. - Dawn_MO - 10:59pm on 09/25/09
- Also good with chicken or turkey but PLEASE drain the black beans - Music City Missy - 1:59am on 09/26/09
- You're right, sorry I didn't mention I drain and rinse all the beans [NT] - woody - 12:46pm on 09/28/09
- woody, you could add this to our Stupidly simple section in T&T. we could use some new entries. [NT] - AngAk - 5:58pm on 10/05/09