Some cosmetic changes in preparation for larger site changes in the works.
This one's very good, and used with salmon....
Joined: Dec 19, 2005
Posted to Thread #1713 at 8:04 pm on May 6, 2006
I'll post the entire recipe. (you can replace the fresh peppers with the jarred).
BROILED SALMON WITH SWEET RED PEPPER SAUCE
2 medium red bell peppers
2 cloves garlic, unpeeled
2 teaspoons red wine vinegar
1 teaspoon olive oil
1 lb salmon fillets or salmon steaks (I used 2 salmon steaks)
1. Preheat broiler.
2. Broil peppers on both sides until black and blistered.
3. Place in metal bowl and cover with plastic wrap. Let cool about 15 minutes.
4. Meanwhile, lower oven heat to 400 degrees F.
5. Wrap garlic in foil; roast in oven about 10-15 minutes or until soft. Peel and set aside.
6. Peel peppers over a bowl to catch any juice; discard stems and seeds.
7. In a blender or food processor, puree peppers and their juice with the garlic, vinegar, and oil. Set aside.
8. Reset the broiler.* Broil salmon about 4-5 minutes on each side, (for steaks), or to desired doneness.
9. To serve: Drizzle red pepper sauce over salmon.
*Note: Can also cook the salmon over the grill.
Makes 2-3 servings.
Adapted from my files.
A balanced diet is equal parts of milk and dark chocolate.
Other messages in this thread:
- 1713. ISO... a good roasted red pepper pasta sauce that.... - Luisa_Calif - 4:31pm on 05/06/06 (8)
- Hi Luisa, here's a basic one I use... Rec: Roasted Red Pepper Sauce - DawnNYS - 7:18pm on 05/06/06
- This one's very good, and used with salmon.... - Meryl - 8:04pm on 05/06/06
- Thanks to you both. I think I'll use garlic and onions. [NT] - Luisa_Calif - 11:19pm on 05/06/06
- My favorite foods! [NT] - Meryl - 11:29pm on 05/06/06
- I wasn't that happy with the result....too much red pepper made it a bit on the bitter side which - Luisa_Calif - 1:53pm on 05/07/06
- The sauce above for salmon has somewhat of a sweet taste, but I've always used fresh peppers - Meryl - 8:53pm on 05/07/06
- Next time I will roast them myself. Because I just love red bell pepper sauce. Thanks. [NT] - Luisa_Calif - 2:47am on 05/08/06
- Maybe a roasted red pepper/tomato sauce would be better with the calamari than just a straight - Meryl - 5:13am on 05/08/06