Some cosmetic changes in preparation for larger site changes in the works.
Here's one I often go to when I want easy and tasty. Rec: Grilled Salmon with Tomato-Olive Salsa
Joined: Dec 9, 2005
Posted to Thread #16316 at 6:12 pm on Sep 27, 2009
Sometimes I add some chopped feta to the salsa...it's an easy topping to play with. The salsa is also good on grilled chicken breast and pork chops.
Grilled Salmon with Tomato-Olive Salsa
1 1/2 cups diced seeded plum tomatoes (about 10 ounces)
6 tablespoons olive oil
12 Kalamata olives or other brine-cured black olives, pitted, chopped
1/4 cup chopped fresh basil
2 tablespoons drained capers
2 large garlic cloves, minced
1 shallot, finely chopped
6 6-ounce salmon fillets
Combine tomatoes, 4 tablespoons oil, olives, basil, capers, garlic, and shallot in medium bowl; stir to blend. Season salsa to taste with salt and pepper. Refrigerate at least 15 minutes and up to 2 hours.
Prepare barbecue (medium-high heat). Brush salmon with remaining 2 tablespoons oil; sprinkle with salt and pepper. Grill salmon until just opaque in center, about 4 minutes per side. Transfer salmon to plates. Top with salsa.
Makes 6 servings.
Source: 7/01 Bon Appétit
Pat’s notes: Delicious.
Other messages in this thread:
- 16316. i've got a 1# sockeye destined for today's supper & i'm braindead. any ideas for something SIMPLE?? [NT] - rvb - 6:00pm on 09/27/09 (17)
- Rec: Salmon Baked in Foil - Pat-NoCal - 6:08pm on 09/27/09
- Here's one I often go to when I want easy and tasty. Rec: Grilled Salmon with Tomato-Olive Salsa [LINK] - Pat-NoCal - 6:12pm on 09/27/09
- An old favourite. I've posted so often, you may have made it. Cedar Planked Salmon with Maple Glaze - Marg CDN - 6:45pm on 09/27/09
- Agreed, we liked this one too. The mustard mashed potatoes go great with the - Pat-NoCal - 7:31pm on 09/27/09
- This is excellent!!!!!! Think I am having a craving for dinner YUM [NT] - Brooksie - 7:43pm on 09/27/09
- Salmon in Ginger Butter Sauce - Meryl - 7:15pm on 09/27/09
- Broiled Salmon with Lime Cilantro [LINK] - Meryl - 7:16pm on 09/27/09
- Broiled Salmon with Sweet Red Pepper Sauce - Meryl - 7:18pm on 09/27/09
- Meryl, could I freeze this sauce in single portions w/o losing flavor for later use? [NT] - Angiebaby - 4:02pm on 09/28/09
- I know you can freeze roasted red peppers, but I'm not sure about the sauce. [NT] - Meryl - 7:05pm on 09/28/09
- I am certain that this would freeze perfectly. There is not much more in this than what I freeze - Marg CDN - 9:37pm on 09/28/09
- Spicy Grilled Salmon Steaks with Black Butter [LINK] - Meryl - 7:20pm on 09/27/09
- Here's my fave -- Marie at Central Market (south Austin)'s Salmon Pan Saute - PatBastrop - 8:02pm on 09/27/09
- On my to-try list: Salmon with Sesame and Orange-Ginger Relish [NT] [LINK] - Meryl - 8:13pm on 09/27/09
- What I have done and its real good is Ron's Sour mix its #2 in T&T - carol whidbey Is - 9:03pm on 09/27/09
- How about the herbed grilled one? [NT] [LINK] - Sarah in Charleston - 12:16pm on 09/28/09
- Samon Curry from Terra Restaurant... [LINK] - SallyBR - 4:49pm on 10/06/09