Some cosmetic changes in preparation for larger site changes in the works.
Thanks all for the good info!
Joined: Dec 9, 2005
Posted to Thread #16324 at 9:54 pm on Sep 30, 2009
I was going to make these last night for a birthday at work today. One screaming headache later, I just made cinnamon shortbread because it was quick and easy. Plus, it goes with coffee and my company is allll about the coffee.
I was thinking the red velvet might be fun for Halloween if I used white chocolate on the outside to make them look like eyes.
I can't handle the taste of canned icing and to me the couple of minutes it takes to make an icing is well worth the trade-off in flavor.
It sounds like I may just need enought to hold it together. But if I make these I'll take Marilyn's advice and weight it to ensure they won't smoosh.
The man who carries a cat by the tail learns something that can be learned in no other way. - MTwain
Other messages in this thread:
- 16324. Anyone made Red Velvet Cake Balls? (see link) [LINK] - MariaDNoCA - 12:33am on 09/29/09 (12)
- Looks like an interesting site, but no, never made the red velvet cake balls. I made - DawnNYS - 3:37am on 09/29/09
- Maria, several readers of her post have made it with regular icing. Just be cautious to use... [LINK] - MarilynFL - 11:42am on 09/29/09
- I have never laughed so hard Marilyn. You need a news column! [NT] - woody - 1:29pm on 09/29/09
- Aw, thanks hon. But I don't think my baking ego could take culinary failures I need to... - MarilynFL - 4:23pm on 09/29/09
- I have made them several times - mkern1023 - 2:29pm on 09/29/09
- I agree - have made these 3 times and you just don't need that much frosting - - cheezz - 10:51pm on 09/29/09
- Thanks all for the good info! - MariaDNoCA - 9:54pm on 09/30/09
- Maria, try half the amount and test a chilled ball. You can always add more, but you'll be - MarilynFL - 11:11pm on 09/30/09
- ROFLOL! [NT] - MariaDNoCA - 2:11am on 10/01/09
- I had chilled balls before . . . but a warm bath relieved the condition. (Oh, the satisfaction!) [NT] - Steve2 in LA - 2:49am on 10/01/09
- Oh my.......................... G! LOL!!! [NT] - FloriSandy - 3:34am on 10/01/09
- I also found it helped to be sure your frosting is very soft; nuke for few seconds if necessary [NT] - cheezz - 11:35pm on 09/30/09