Some cosmetic changes in preparation for larger site changes in the works.
REC: Stuffed Jumbo Shells ... love, love, love this one!
Joined: Jul 17, 2006
Posted to Thread #16336 at 11:42 pm on Sep 30, 2009
Stuffed Jumbo Shells
Can be made ahead and baked at last minute. The walnuts add a surprising flavor.
1/2 pkg. jumbo shell macaroni (about 20 shells)
1 tbl. salad oil
1-1/2 lb. ground beef
1 medium onion, minced
1 cup finely minced celery
2 garlic cloves, minced
2 tsp. salt
1 tsp. pepper
2 (15 oz) jars spaghetti sauce (homemade or in a jar)
1 cup walnuts, finely chopped
2 tbl. grated parmesan cheese
Cook shells according to label and drain well. Meanwhile, in a large skillet over med-hi heat, in hot salad oil, cook ground beef, onion, garlic, celery, salt and pepper until meat is well browned. Remove from heat and drain fat. Stir in walnuts and 1/2 jar of spaghetti sauce. Stuff rounded spoonful of meat mixture into each shell. Reserve remaining meat mixture.
Spoon 1 cup of spaghetti sauce into a 10x2” round casserole or a 12x8” rectangular baking dish; sprinkle with remaining meat mixture. Arrange stuffed shells over sauce in 1 layer. Spoon rest of spaghetti sauce evenly in and around shells; sprinkle with cheese. Bake at 350 deg. oven for 20 minutes or until heated through.
Inside me lives a skinny woman crying to get out, but I can usually shut her up with cookies!
Other messages in this thread:
- 16336. And since I'm out here... Michael in Phoenix, could you please - fressca - 9:54pm on 09/30/09 (19)
- And any other stuffed shells recipes gratefully received! [NT] - fressca - 9:55pm on 09/30/09
- Rec: Mexican Stuffed Shells - rhoward2va - 11:22pm on 09/30/09
- sounds good! I wonder how it would be with salsa verde? [NT] - cheezz - 11:43pm on 09/30/09
- no shyness allowed here! Just jump on in with both feet... we don't bite ((much)) *g* [NT] - cheezz - 11:41pm on 09/30/09
- REC: Stuffed Jumbo Shells ... love, love, love this one! - cheezz - 11:42pm on 09/30/09
- Wow, I've never had shells with meat filling - we use a ricotta mixture. This sounds good! [NT] - LisainLA - 11:43pm on 09/30/09
- Fressca, it looks like our friends here have you off to a good start. I am... - Michael in Phoenix - 12:33am on 10/01/09
- Thanks Michael, I know you've been under the gun with swine flu and the upcoming trip; - fressca - 11:38am on 10/01/09
- REC: Schiaffetoni ---stuffing can be used for shells also... - charlie - 1:40am on 10/01/09
- How do you pronounce this? Chef-a-Tony? [NT] - Sandi in Hawaii - 8:51am on 10/01/09
- more like shkeeaf-a-tony [NT] - charlie - 11:17am on 10/01/09
- Me, too (waving) I can share a great stuffing with cottage cheese base [LINK] - colleenmomof2 - 4:59am on 10/01/09
- Everybody, thank you so much! Have a sheaf of recipes printed out to take with me grocery shopping - fressca - 11:44am on 10/01/09
- Welcome, fressca!! [NT] - PatBastrop - 2:17pm on 10/01/09
- fressca, First welcome to our forum - Here is an article and wonderful recipes from Craig Claiborne. [NT] [LINK] - GayR - 12:32pm on 10/01/09
- Printed - thanks Gay! [NT] - LisainLA - 5:14pm on 10/01/09
- Me too Gay - printed! And thank you! [NT] - fressca - 10:24pm on 10/01/09
- This is my favorite stuffed shells recipe.....very company worthy. [NT] [LINK] - KarenNoCA - 11:49pm on 10/01/09
- Ooh! Love Giada... and links to other good recipes on the page. Thanks! [NT] - fressca - 11:45am on 10/02/09