Some cosmetic changes in preparation for larger site changes in the works.
Chicken Breasts with Sun-Dried Tomato and Garlic Crust
Joined: Dec 14, 2005
Posted to Thread #16337 at 12:53 am on Oct 1, 2009
CHICKEN BREASTS WITH SUN-DRIED TOMATO AND GARLIC CRUST
To begin, fill a platter with slices of bresaola and mozzarella, and also serve a warm salad of roasted peppers. The spinach, basil and ricotta puree and orzo with lemon peel are terrific with the chicken, as is a dry white wine like a Greco di Tufo. Dessert should have an Italian accent, too: Try slices of fresh pears topped with mascarpone and a warm walnut-caramel sauce.
2 cups fresh breadcrumbs made from French bread
1/2 cup drained oil-packed sun-dried tomatoes, 3 1/2 tablespoons oil reserved
2 large garlic cloves
4 12-ounce chicken breast halves with skin and bone
Combine breadcrumbs, sun-dried tomatoes, 2 tablespoons oil reserved from tomatoes and garlic in processor. Using on/off turns, process until tomatoes are coarsely chopped. Season to taste with salt and pepper. (Can be made 8 hours ahead. Cover and chill.)
Preheat oven to 375°F. Sprinkle chicken with salt and pepper. Heat 1 1/2 tablespoons oil reserved from tomatoes in heavy large skillet over medium-high heat. Add chicken, skin side down, and cook until skin is crisp and golden, about 5 minutes.
Transfer chicken, skin side up, to heavy rimmed baking sheet. Spoon breadcrumb mixture atop chicken, dividing equally and pressing to adhere. Bake until chicken is cooked through, about 30 minutes.
Place chicken on plates and serve.
Other messages in this thread:
- 16337. What is your favorite recipe for whole bone-in chicken breasts? - LisainLA - 11:47pm on 09/30/09 (21)
- Here are some recipes from my files. Haven't tried them yet. [NT] - Meryl - 12:01am on 10/01/09
- Smoky Caramelized balsamic chicken [LINK] - Meryl - 12:01am on 10/01/09
- Spiced chicken breasts with dried apricots [LINK] - Meryl - 12:02am on 10/01/09
- Indian-spiced chicken with lime and cilantro [LINK] - Meryl - 12:04am on 10/01/09
- This was posted by EvaN: Chicken with banana curry sauce [LINK] - Meryl - 12:06am on 10/01/09
- (((Meryl))) Thanks! [NT] - LisainLA - 12:13am on 10/01/09
- Here's more from Cook's Illustrated/America's test kitchen - recipes are free - you just have to [LINK] - Meryl - 12:15am on 10/01/09
- Charcoal-Grilled Bone-In Chicken Breasts [NT] [LINK] - Meryl - 12:16am on 10/01/09
- Gas-Grilled Bone-In Chicken Breasts [NT] [LINK] - Meryl - 12:16am on 10/01/09
- Soy-ginger glaze [NT] [LINK] - Meryl - 12:17am on 10/01/09
- Chicken Breasts with Sun-Dried Tomato and Garlic Crust - Sylvia - 12:53am on 10/01/09
- Another one to check out: Orange-Honey Glazed Chicken Breasts [NT] [LINK] - Meryl - 2:32am on 10/01/09
- (adapted from Cook's Illustrated) [NT] - Meryl - 2:33am on 10/01/09
- Rec: Szechwan White Cut Chicken with Spicy Peanut Sauce - Pat-NoCal - 5:37am on 10/01/09
- Thank you all - I think I need more chicken! [NT] - LisainLA - 3:14pm on 10/01/09
- Forgot about this one. Rec: Chicken Salad - Pat-NoCal - 3:51pm on 10/07/09
- Toss in a heaping tbl. of TJ's mango chutney and top with crushed peanuts...mmmmm [NT] - cheezz - 11:29pm on 10/07/09
- Really? Will give it a shot. [NT] - Pat-NoCal - 12:13am on 10/08/09
- Been making it for years, with rave reviews :) Trust me.... would I lie?! [NT] - cheezz - 5:43am on 10/09/09