Some cosmetic changes in preparation for larger site changes in the works.
I recently dropped one of my new Pyrex casserole dishes
Joined: Jun 16, 2006
Posted to Thread #16358 at 6:38 pm on Oct 2, 2009
from a short height onto a wood floor and it shattered into a million (or so) pieces. What a huge mess! I had thought that Pyrex breaks into chunks not shards. I have to admit that I was surprised because my older Pyrex have been dropped many times with no damage. Now I understand. Fortunately I only have 2 other new dishes and I'll be careful with them.
I'll be scouting garage sales for old dishes in the future! Colleen
Other messages in this thread:
- 16358. Exploding Pyrex dishes: They aren't made the same way anymore... [LINK] - MarilynFL - 3:57pm on 10/02/09 (6)
- I always thought it was only Corningware that could go directly from one to the other. [NT] - Marg CDN - 5:21pm on 10/02/09
- My apologies for the confusion. [NT] - MarilynFL - 5:39pm on 10/02/09
- I recently dropped one of my new Pyrex casserole dishes - colleenmomof2 - 6:38pm on 10/02/09
- Wow -- I had no idea! Needless to say I will be rummaging through the Pyrex cabinet forthwith! - PatBastrop - 6:38am on 10/03/09
- Ahah. I misread this. Been doing a lot of that lately. So it's not a matter of extreme change but - Marg CDN - 4:48pm on 10/03/09
- My 8x8 pan exploded in the oven last year. I jumped all over Earl because>>> - Luisa_Calif - 5:17pm on 10/05/09