Some cosmetic changes in preparation for larger site changes in the works.
|CathyZ from Kauai||
Jarred ones are possible
Joined: Dec 10, 2005
Posted to Thread #16362 at 2:35 am on Oct 3, 2009
I haven't used the dry ones but I can't imagine the flavor would be fresh like "real" mangoes in a salsa. I have used the jarred ones- they are very "wet" but if you press them between paper towels to get some of the jar juices out you should have good luck using them.
Other messages in this thread:
- 16362. Need mango help - The mangoes here suck (the only reason I miss FL), and I'm wondering if I can use - Meryl - 1:05am on 10/03/09 (7)
- Have not used either of those, but use frozen on a regular basis. When we get fresh here, they - Nan - 1:57am on 10/03/09
- should have mentioned, they are in 1# bags at regular store, don't have to get 40#! [NT] - Nan - 3:09pm on 10/03/09
- Jarred ones are possible - CathyZ from Kauai - 2:35am on 10/03/09
- A friend of mine from Florida said to try a peach as a substitute. [NT] - Cindy - 3:09am on 10/03/09
- Did you read the story on a mango candy at Gourment.com? [LINK] - Sandi in Hawaii - 4:10pm on 10/03/09
- Thanks, all - will look for the jarred or frozen. [NT] - Meryl - 4:33pm on 10/03/09
- Update: Found the frozen - they're organic and from the U.S. [NT] - Meryl - 10:04pm on 10/04/09