Some cosmetic changes in preparation for larger site changes in the works.
I checked out Claiboufne's recipe for Bolognese and it pretty much is how I make it. However I ...
Joined: Dec 22, 2005
Posted to Thread #16339 at 10:50 am on Oct 3, 2009
think he has more canned tomatoes than any Italian recipe I've seen. Maybe the tomato paste and about 1 cup of crushed canned tomatoes. I crush 'whole tomatoes in juice' as so many diced products contain too much calcium chloride which prevents the tomato from melting into the sauce. Also the chicken livers are vital to the authentic taste; try them, you'll like them.
Other messages in this thread:
- 16339. ISO LisaLA - Lisa have a look at Post 16336 above as a continuation of out quest for the perfect - GayR - 12:36pm on 10/01/09 (12)
- Lisa, Post #7 under #16336. [NT] - GayR - 12:36pm on 10/01/09
- My favorite? Get on a rapido out of Florence to Bologna, stroll down the street - MarilynFL - 1:22pm on 10/01/09
- I'm packed! [NT] - GayR - 2:06pm on 10/01/09
- I need 10 minutes...Just need to write a letter for dh re: food in freezer and wait for dryer :) [NT] - barb_b - 3:36pm on 10/01/09
- THank you Gay - I'll go take a look right now. Thanks for thinking of me :-) [NT] - LisainLA - 3:15pm on 10/01/09
- LisainLA, I hope you enjoy the article. [NT] - GayR - 3:27pm on 10/01/09
- I just printed it - it looks wonderful, and now I'm very hungry! [NT] - LisainLA - 5:13pm on 10/01/09
- I checked out Claiboufne's recipe for Bolognese and it pretty much is how I make it. However I ... - aajay - 10:50am on 10/03/09
- I made this sauce from the Pioneerwoman site by Pastor Ryan, and it was very very good [NT] [LINK] - AngAk - 7:12pm on 10/05/09
- holy smokes! That looks fabulous... too bad she didn't include the noodle recipe [NT] - cheezz - 11:02pm on 10/05/09