Some cosmetic changes in preparation for larger site changes in the works.
LOL, I too thought this very odd....I watched my...
Joined: Apr 17, 2006
Posted to Thread #16349 at 12:36 pm on Oct 3, 2009
Jamaican friend do this for a gungoo pea soup once and never thought to ask.......
and then when the maid (Jamaican) and I were prepping for the Turnaround Corn she too did this...
"and so M'am you musta beat de scallion, like so", and she took the blade of the knife in hand and, using the handle, whalloped the length of the spring onion up and down till it was black and blue....
no, not really, only till it was gently pulverized and tossed that into the coconut milk.
As I said, I gently, finely and genteely slice it. Cant whack a poor skinny long bit o green an' white.
Wine does not make you fat, it makes you lean/against walls, tables, chairs, floors and ugly people.
Other messages in this thread:
- 16349. Joanietoo, I went to the Caribbean market today and - DawnNYS - 2:13am on 10/02/09 (16)
- Lol........there is little marked / named at the markets here. I love the... - joanietoo - 3:16am on 10/02/09
- The jerk sauce I bought was imported from the Caribbean, the jar said. It was the - DawnNYS - 4:10am on 10/02/09
- I shouldn't have made it sound like... - joanietoo - 12:41pm on 10/02/09
- Thanks Joanie. I went back and looked and the jerk sauce brand - DawnNYS - 3:53pm on 10/03/09
- Coconut sauce...a lot of this kind of cooking goes by feel....hence the lessons.... - joanietoo - 12:50pm on 10/02/09
- joanie - do you have any more recipes using the powdered coconut? I have a bagful to use! [NT] - cheezz - 5:05am on 10/03/09
- Chezz, you can basically use it in any dish requiring coconut milk. - joanietoo - 12:38pm on 10/03/09
- I've never seen the block, but then I haven't looked for it. Love the canned milk! [NT] - cheezz - 3:51pm on 10/03/09
- Turnaround Corn - joanietoo - 1:02pm on 10/02/09
- 1 spring onion - beaten?? And how does one beat a spring onion?! heehee [NT] - cheezz - 5:07am on 10/03/09
- Bad onion! Bad! but you know what they say, you can't keep a good onion down... [NT] - Heather_in_SF - 5:51am on 10/03/09
- LOL, I too thought this very odd....I watched my... - joanietoo - 12:36pm on 10/03/09
- joanie, you are a stitch! :) [NT] - PatBastrop - 2:19pm on 10/03/09
- I guess it must be to release all the flavor quickly... poor little thing [NT] - cheezz - 3:52pm on 10/03/09
- I think that's illegal here ;o) [NT] - DawnNYS - 3:55pm on 10/03/09
- Thanks for the polenta recipe. I'll make it tomorrow. [NT] - DawnNYS - 3:56pm on 10/03/09