Some cosmetic changes in preparation for larger site changes in the works.
Joined: Dec 9, 2005
Posted to Thread #16368 at 4:27 pm on Oct 3, 2009
Fall is in the air...the days are still quite warm here but the cooler nights have me craving warm comforting foods like the 40 Cloves and a Chicken recipe posted by Charlie, accompanied by some heavenly mashed potatoes and sauteed spinach. The aroma of roasted garlic is still wafting through the house this morning. :)
Fall also makes me want to delve into making all sorts of apple, pumpkin, pear, and cinnamon dishes. So many great recipes recently posted here that are calling out to me.
Had some delicious pumpkin spice cake with cream cheese frosting this week. It was great putting my feet up with a slice of that cake and a latte after working hard cleaning the garage. Food rewards...gotta love 'em.
Have some leftover short ribs which I think I'll shred and make enchiladas with using the Red Chile Sauce (Chile Colorado) sauce posted here. Mmmmm....enchiladas....more comfort food.
Come to think of it, maybe I'll fill a few enchiladas with some of last night's leftover garlic chicken. Now how bad could *that* be?
Trying to decide what recipe to prepare for Cookbook Club on Monday. The book being featured this time is A Platter of Figs and Other Recipes, by David Tanis. Hmmmm, what to make, what to make?
Link: Platter of Figs and Other Recipes
Other messages in this thread:
- 16368. Saturday Six [LINK] - Pat-NoCal - 4:27pm on 10/03/09 (21)
- If I go work in my garage, will you bring me some cake and a latte? ;-) - LisainLA - 5:32pm on 10/03/09
- Sure thing! LOL Want some enchiladas too? [NT] - Pat-NoCal - 5:56pm on 10/03/09
- Of course! Actually, I've got a pork shoulder slow roasting right now - - LisainLA - 6:40pm on 10/03/09
- You're on, baby! [NT] - Pat-NoCal - 6:50pm on 10/03/09
- Dad gave me 10 pounds of Hatch green chile. - Amanda_Pennsylvania - 7:57pm on 10/03/09
- C'mon over Amanda! :-D [NT] - LisainLA - 8:43pm on 10/03/09
- If I bring a fig recipe, can I come too? Seriously, do you want a recipe using figs? [NT] - DawnNYS - 1:46am on 10/04/09
- Sure....the more the merrier. [NT] - Pat-NoCal - 3:35pm on 10/04/09
- I'll be right over...just need to repack the diaper bag... :) [NT] - Amanda_Pennsylvania - 3:07am on 10/04/09
- Saturday Six - Amanda_Pennsylvania - 6:34pm on 10/03/09
- Recently tried Cheerios and just love 'em with sliced bananas, and milk of course. [NT] - Pat-NoCal - 6:52pm on 10/03/09
- I like them with sliced peaches... [NT] - Amanda_Pennsylvania - 5:56pm on 10/04/09
- Got any root beer left? Try putting a couple scoops of vanilla ice cream in a glass and pour - Pat-NoCal - 6:53pm on 10/03/09
- Baking disaster averted! - Amanda_Pennsylvania - 10:20pm on 10/03/09
- Amanda, Happy to hear that the cake turned out wonderful considering your almost disaster. [NT] - GayR - 4:07pm on 10/04/09
- My Saturday Six: - Heather_in_SF - 8:01pm on 10/03/09
- Cupcake Camp sounds cute. Take pictures!! My Saturday Six - DawnNYS - 2:02am on 10/04/09
- A Revision..... and a goofy story.... - Heather_in_SF - 8:45am on 10/04/09
- Yay, glad the root beer float helped. Today's chicken should - Pat-NoCal - 3:34pm on 10/04/09
- HAAA!!! I got to the part where you 'hacked up veggies" and my first thought was... - cheezz - 9:12pm on 10/04/09
- Or emailing apparently, I made a bunch of stupid errors in one today, will have to fix that tomorrow - Heather_in_SF - 3:58am on 10/05/09