Some cosmetic changes in preparation for larger site changes in the works.
A Revision..... and a goofy story....
Joined: Dec 21, 2005
Posted to Thread #16368 at 8:45 am on Oct 4, 2009
My sore throat is worse. Now I sound like Morgan Freeman with a cold.
So I canceled the Opera. The funny thing was that my mom's friend, who invited me, didn't believe it was me on the phone. She kept saying, "But you don't sound like the Heather I know". Well, yeah, I'm sick! I'm not sure how to react to that. Honestly I was hoping for a "there, there, Heather, feel better" or something but not outright disbelief it was me.
So I *had* to go to the bank to deposit items for the rent check, and stopped in to the grocery store to buy a chicken, and root beer, and vanilla ice cream.
Once I got home I stuffed the chicken and a few hacked up veggies into the crock pot, plugged it in and took a 4 hr nap. Then, I realized the Roost didn't smell like chicken yet (am I really that sick??). Well, I hadn't turned on the darn thing. But the chicken was icy cold and so was the ceramic crock pot so I turned it on and returned to bed.
An hour later, still no chicken smell, I thought I should give it a stir or something. I had turned it to "warm". DOH!
Sooooo, I decided to just flip it to high and cook the bejesus out of it and decide what to do in the morning. Sigh.
Now, this is a perfect illustration why we are supposed to have someone to look after us when we are under the weather. Darn cat, he's so useless...
The sad part is that there will be no cupcake camp for me tomorrow. :-9 waaa.
To end on a happy note, I had a rootbeer float for dinner and it really felt good on my throat. Again, thanks Pat!
"Well-behaved women rarely make history."
Other messages in this thread:
- If I go work in my garage, will you bring me some cake and a latte? ;-) - LisainLA - 5:32pm on 10/03/09
- Sure thing! LOL Want some enchiladas too? [NT] - Pat-NoCal - 5:56pm on 10/03/09
- Of course! Actually, I've got a pork shoulder slow roasting right now - - LisainLA - 6:40pm on 10/03/09
- You're on, baby! [NT] - Pat-NoCal - 6:50pm on 10/03/09
- Dad gave me 10 pounds of Hatch green chile. - Amanda_Pennsylvania - 7:57pm on 10/03/09
- C'mon over Amanda! :-D [NT] - LisainLA - 8:43pm on 10/03/09
- If I bring a fig recipe, can I come too? Seriously, do you want a recipe using figs? [NT] - DawnNYS - 1:46am on 10/04/09
- Sure....the more the merrier. [NT] - Pat-NoCal - 3:35pm on 10/04/09
- I'll be right over...just need to repack the diaper bag... :) [NT] - Amanda_Pennsylvania - 3:07am on 10/04/09
- Saturday Six - Amanda_Pennsylvania - 6:34pm on 10/03/09
- Recently tried Cheerios and just love 'em with sliced bananas, and milk of course. [NT] - Pat-NoCal - 6:52pm on 10/03/09
- I like them with sliced peaches... [NT] - Amanda_Pennsylvania - 5:56pm on 10/04/09
- Got any root beer left? Try putting a couple scoops of vanilla ice cream in a glass and pour - Pat-NoCal - 6:53pm on 10/03/09
- Baking disaster averted! - Amanda_Pennsylvania - 10:20pm on 10/03/09
- Amanda, Happy to hear that the cake turned out wonderful considering your almost disaster. [NT] - GayR - 4:07pm on 10/04/09
- My Saturday Six: - Heather_in_SF - 8:01pm on 10/03/09
- Cupcake Camp sounds cute. Take pictures!! My Saturday Six - DawnNYS - 2:02am on 10/04/09
- A Revision..... and a goofy story.... - Heather_in_SF - 8:45am on 10/04/09
- Yay, glad the root beer float helped. Today's chicken should - Pat-NoCal - 3:34pm on 10/04/09
- HAAA!!! I got to the part where you 'hacked up veggies" and my first thought was... - cheezz - 9:12pm on 10/04/09
- Or emailing apparently, I made a bunch of stupid errors in one today, will have to fix that tomorrow - Heather_in_SF - 3:58am on 10/05/09