Some cosmetic changes in preparation for larger site changes in the works.
Rec: Sweet-and-Sour Red Cabbage
Joined: Dec 9, 2005
Posted to Thread #16366 at 2:31 pm on Oct 4, 2009
Yield: 6 servings
1/4 cup Butter
4 Apples; med., peel, slice
1/2 Onion; red, chopped
1 Red cabbage; head,fine shred
1 cups Red wine
4 Cloves; whole
1/4 cup Brown sugar
2 Bay leaves
1/4 cup Vinegar
1/4 cups Butter
1 Lemon juice of 1/2 Lemon
Melt butter in 4-quart Dutch oven. Add apples and onions, saute slightly; add finely shredded cabbage, red wine, cloves, sugar, and bay leaves.
Simmer, covered, for 1 hour, then add vinegar, the rest of the butter, and lemon juice. Serve hot.
How did the fool *get* his money?!
Other messages in this thread:
- 16366. Favorite Oktoberdest recipes? This might be a good one for Favorite Threads. [NT] - DawnNYS - 3:47pm on 10/03/09 (9)
- Make that "Oktoberfest", in case someone does a search in years to come! [NT] - DawnNYS - 3:49pm on 10/03/09
- hmmm... what would make it qualify as an Oktoberfest recipe? Made with beer? [NT] - cheezz - 4:07pm on 10/03/09
- German food, something you could serve at an Oktoberfest party [NT] - DawnNYS - 1:43am on 10/04/09
- There's a nice Oktoberfest Menu in T&T #33 by desertjean. I would add - Elenor - 5:06pm on 10/03/09
- Rec: Sweet-and-Sour Red Cabbage - DawnNYS - 2:31pm on 10/04/09
- Rec: Spätzle - DawnNYS - 2:36pm on 10/04/09
- Bratwürst with sauerkraut and potatoes. [NT] - EvaN - 9:29am on 10/11/09