Some cosmetic changes in preparation for larger site changes in the works.
Rec: Knockwurst with Sauerbraten and Apples
Joined: Dec 9, 2005
Posted to Thread #16366 at 3:02 pm on Oct 4, 2009
1/2 cup chopped onion
2 slices cooked bacon, diced
1 cup beer
1 cup water
2 T cornstarch
2 T coarse-grain brown mustard
2 T molasses
2 t caraway seeds
1/2 teaspoon ground allspice
1/4 teaspoon black pepper
1 large rutabaga (I use potato), peeled & cut into 1" cubes
1 pound fully cooked knockwurst, bias-sliced into 2-inch pieces
2 medium cooking apples, cored and cut into 8 wedges each
1 16-ounce package sauerkraut, drained and rinsed
In a Dutch oven or large pot, cook onion and bacon until onion is tender but not brown; drain fat. Stir in beer.
Combine water, cornstarch, brown mustard, molasses, caraway seed, allspice, and pepper; stir into bacon mixture. Cook and stir util thickened and bubbly.
Add rutabaga; cover and cook 15 minutes. Stir in the knockwurst, apple wedges, and sauerkraut. Cook, covered, 15 to 20 minutes more or until apples are tender.
How did the fool *get* his money?!
Other messages in this thread:
- 16366. Favorite Oktoberdest recipes? This might be a good one for Favorite Threads. [NT] - DawnNYS - 3:47pm on 10/03/09 (9)
- Make that "Oktoberfest", in case someone does a search in years to come! [NT] - DawnNYS - 3:49pm on 10/03/09
- hmmm... what would make it qualify as an Oktoberfest recipe? Made with beer? [NT] - cheezz - 4:07pm on 10/03/09
- German food, something you could serve at an Oktoberfest party [NT] - DawnNYS - 1:43am on 10/04/09
- There's a nice Oktoberfest Menu in T&T #33 by desertjean. I would add - Elenor - 5:06pm on 10/03/09
- Rec: Sweet-and-Sour Red Cabbage - DawnNYS - 2:31pm on 10/04/09
- Rec: Sp - DawnNYS - 2:36pm on 10/04/09
- Rec: Sauerbraten - DawnNYS - 2:51pm on 10/04/09
- Rec: Knockwurst with Sauerbraten and Apples - DawnNYS - 3:02pm on 10/04/09
- Bratw [NT] - EvaN - 9:29am on 10/11/09