Some cosmetic changes in preparation for larger site changes in the works.
Oh, Blue Bottle!!!! Drinking this has spoiled me for anything else! Local guy, sources sustainable
Joined: Dec 21, 2005
Posted to Thread #16371 at 4:07 am on Oct 5, 2009
Beans where the growers are paid properly etc, but really good stuff. He roasts them and won't sell them if it's been past a few days. Amazing flavor.
But you know, Starbucks has mass appeal, a standard flavor that brought most people in US out of drinking Folgers. Now, I'm guessing they want to take over the instant market. Lots of people still drink instant! Amazing huh. So, given that, it's a smart move. I thought their marketing was interesting, they suggest keeping some with you, put in your water bottle for coffee on the go, or on an airplane, very clever...
But give me the choice, I'll take a cup of Blue Bottle. I was so excited to see as part of the gifts from the BlogHer Food conference was a mini Bodum personal coffee press to go!
"Well-behaved women rarely make history."
Other messages in this thread:
- 16371. Anyone do the Starbucks taste challenge?? Thoughts? [NT] - barb_b - 3:07am on 10/04/09 (20)
- At BlogHerFood I was given some samples of the new instant coffee, it's not bad actually! - Heather_in_SF - 8:37am on 10/04/09
- I was confused by it...Why would they do a taste test on their brand? It seems to reduce their name - barb_b - 12:43pm on 10/04/09
- I think they have the WORST coffee.... I also think I must a majority of ONE... - cheezz - 9:14pm on 10/04/09
- You lucky ones in northern Calif (((Pat))) have It's A Grind - now that's good coffee :) [NT] - cheezz - 9:15pm on 10/04/09
- Haven't tried it yet, but I will now that you mentioned it. None near me but when I travel I'll [LINK] - Pat-NoCal - 3:59pm on 10/06/09
- I never buy their coffee, since I use my own fresh brewed espresso, but they have great ice cream - Meryl - 10:01pm on 10/04/09
- Oh, Blue Bottle!!!! Drinking this has spoiled me for anything else! Local guy, sources sustainable - Heather_in_SF - 4:07am on 10/05/09
- Don't like Starbucks; at work we have organic Bean Trees which made Oprah's chef fav things list - MariaDNoCA - 5:04am on 10/05/09
- Just went through my last bag of BlueBottle. They put the roasting date on the back. Pretty gewd [NT] - Steve2 in LA - 6:18am on 10/06/09
- Did you order it online, or get it up north? [NT] - cheezz - 10:41pm on 10/06/09
- Bought 4 different blends on-line, a bit pricey but includes postage. We're fond of TJ's Bay Blend. [NT] - Steve2 in LA - 3:36am on 10/07/09
- Yes - I second the Bay Blend.... it's what I usually get. [NT] - cheezz - 11:30pm on 10/07/09
- I agree, the worst. I bet the new instant would never stand up to another chain's coffee. [NT] - Joe - 3:06pm on 10/05/09
- You're not the only one. I think it tastes burnt. [NT] - Curious1 - 2:51pm on 10/06/09
- cheezz, I don't like it either, tastes burned... - Sandra in New York - 7:41pm on 10/06/09
- quality control???! Yuck. [NT] - cheezz - 10:42pm on 10/06/09
- I went to their website the other day and didn't see anything about it. Do you know the details? [NT] - DawnNYS - 2:17pm on 10/04/09
- My M&D went; apparently they provided them small cups of both their traditional brewed coffee - barb_b - 10:39am on 10/05/09
- I might use the instant coffee for making quick mochas at home. . . - mistral - 4:32pm on 10/04/09
- Our Starbucks are pretty good up here, although I usually go with a local roaster. I can see taking - AngAk - 5:48pm on 10/06/09