Some cosmetic changes in preparation for larger site changes in the works.
I tried Manicotti in the crockpot over the weekend and it was AWESOME.
Joined: Feb 14, 2006
Posted to Thread #16372 at 7:05 pm on Oct 5, 2009
I had doubts on this one but forged ahead and was thrilled with the results. The method could be done with your favorite lasagna recipe as well.
2 boxes manicotti (UNCOOKED)
5-6 cups of your favorite sauce
1 lb ground beef or italian sausage
4 cups ricotta cheese
1/4 cup chopped parsley (fresh)
1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
salt and pepper
3 cups mozzarella cheese
Brown beef (or sausage) with salt and pepper.
Pour about 1/2 cup of sauce in the bottom of slowcooker.
Mix ricotta cheese, egg, chopped parsley, grated parmesan cheese, salt and pepper. Fill uncooked manicotti with this mixture. (SO much easier when it's uncooked.)
Place one layer of manicotti in the slowcooker on the 1/2 cup of sauce. Pour 1/2 of remaining sauce over the manicotti. Add 1/2 of meat and 1/2 of grated mozzarella. Repeat with another layer of manicotti, sauce, meat and cheese.
Cook on low for 4 1/2 hours. (I cheated, I cooked it on high for the first hour and it was done in 3 1/2.)
The only drawback is if you really like the brown crust on your cheese. I don't, so this was perfect for us.
Other messages in this thread:
- 16372. Found a new blog today (new to me that is) about crock pot cooking [LINK] - Heather_in_SF - 8:52am on 10/04/09 (37)
- This looks good, thanks for posting. I love my crockpot! [NT] - DawnNYS - 3:06pm on 10/04/09
- If anyone can disabuse me of a fear of leaving a crockpot on while away for the day, I'd love it :) - ErininNY - 3:45pm on 10/04/09
- I have a gorgeous new Rival 5 qt one, a gift from a dear friend, I love it... - Heather_in_SF - 3:52am on 10/05/09
- Erin, I leave mine all the time. Put it on early in the morning and come home to a wonderfully ... - elaine - 5:23pm on 10/05/09
- I have 2, both Rival: a regular-size one and also a mini one - DawnNYS - 2:13pm on 10/06/09
- Heather - Dawn... whoever else -- could we start a crockpot recipes thread? - cheezz - 9:18pm on 10/04/09
- Rump Roast with Peppers by AngAk is terrific! [LINK] - Cindy - 10:34pm on 10/04/09
- Hey Orchid, It worked!!! [NT] - Cindy - 10:36pm on 10/04/09
- WooHoo! Good job Cindy! :0) [NT] - orchid - 2:42am on 10/05/09
- That's a great idea - I'll post some when my finger stops itching/throbbing (see My Saturday Six!) [NT] - DawnNYS - 11:49pm on 10/04/09
- Great idea, I am still learning how to use mine. [NT] - Heather_in_SF - 3:53am on 10/05/09
- Moroccan Chicken - elaine - 5:16pm on 10/05/09
- I know I'll love this one.. Wonder what ever happened to Sally....Someone on the old Prodigy board - Marsha tbay - 5:44pm on 10/05/09
- Chicken Jambalaya - elaine - 5:19pm on 10/05/09
- I tried Manicotti in the crockpot over the weekend and it was AWESOME. - desertjean - 7:05pm on 10/05/09
- oh wow, thanks for this one! [NT] - AngAk - 7:30pm on 10/05/09
- Thank you sharing, Jean. [NT] - Marsha tbay - 12:45am on 10/06/09
- I would have never, ever thought of a crock pot and this type of meal. Thanks dj. [NT] - MarilynFL - 11:28am on 10/06/09
- Will definitely be trying this one! Thanks for sharing. [NT] - fressca - 1:28pm on 10/07/09
- Here are a few of my favorites: Rec: Hearty Bean and Beef Stew - DawnNYS - 11:17am on 10/06/09
- Rec: Chicken Enchiladas in the Crockpot - DawnNYS - 11:22am on 10/06/09
- Rec: Easy Chicken and Rice Casserole in the Crockpot - DawnNYS - 11:25am on 10/06/09
- Favorite crockpot tips to share for the wary? - desertjean - 12:54am on 10/06/09
- I also like to start out at high for the first hour to get the heat up, then turn it down, if I'm - AngAk - 5:51pm on 10/06/09
- REC: Coconut Beef Curry in Crockpot by Anna_X [LINK] - cheezz - 11:48pm on 10/07/09
- REC: Chicken Enchilada Casserole in the Crockpot by DawnNYS [LINK] - cheezz - 11:50pm on 10/07/09
- REC: Crockpot Curried Chicken Legs by Dawn_MO [LINK] - cheezz - 11:53pm on 10/07/09
- REC: Luau Pork by Debbie_in_GA [LINK] - cheezz - 11:55pm on 10/07/09
- REC: Mahogany Chicken in a Crockpot (with pork variation) by DawnNYS [LINK] - cheezz - 12:00am on 10/08/09
- Ranch Pork Roast - lorijean - 2:09pm on 10/08/09
- Easy Dulce de leche >>> [NT] [LINK] - Heather_in_SF - 9:24am on 10/13/09