Some cosmetic changes in preparation for larger site changes in the works.
I am still a bit shocked....
Joined: Dec 16, 2005
Posted to Thread #16392 at 4:44 pm on Oct 6, 2009
If I had to shut down one of the food-related publications, I definitely would keep Gourmet and close Bon Appetit.
Not quite sure why they went the other way....
I did not know that Gourmet was around since 1940 - it is very sad to see it go.
Other messages in this thread:
- 16392. Childhood memories of Gourmet magazine and my father.. - franinvirginia - 2:51pm on 10/06/09 (6)
- aw...that's a wonderful tribute, fran. I hope your Dad can see it whereever he is. [NT] - MarilynFL - 3:01pm on 10/06/09
- I am still a bit shocked.... - SallyBR - 4:44pm on 10/06/09
- A few years ago I stumbled across some issues from the 40's on e-bay. - Nan - 4:51pm on 10/06/09
- A friend who left the country gave me her collection- still have them.. - elaine - 1:47am on 10/08/09
- I agree Sally (nice to see you again) I didn't care for BA and - woody - 4:54pm on 10/06/09
- Nice memories, fran. My parents also subscribed after we came to Canada in 1967. So I grew up - Shaun in TO - 5:28pm on 10/06/09