Some cosmetic changes in preparation for larger site changes in the works.
Oh, and I like to add a couple of bay leaves to the water when I boil potatoes.
Joined: Dec 28, 2005
Posted to Thread #16407 at 2:15 am on Oct 9, 2009
Other messages in this thread:
- 16407. Has anyone put halved garlic cloves in the water to boil potatoes? - Cindy - 11:55pm on 10/08/09 (9)
- I've done it, but I think roasting the garlic makes for a better final product. Just me. [NT] - Curious1 - 12:20am on 10/09/09
- I've done it, too and I agree with Curious! [NT] - CynUpstateNY - 12:23am on 10/09/09
- Me three, but another way to do it, if you don't have time to roast a bulb of garlic is to gently - Pat-NoCal - 12:51am on 10/09/09
- Me to the fourth. My MIL would toss raw garlic in her mash potato water and it was always bitter. - MarilynFL - 1:10am on 10/09/09
- I think Pat-NoCal's idea would have been the best way to go, - Cindy - 3:21am on 10/09/09
- I've been doing it forever ... but I agree other methods are better if you want a depth of flavour. [NT] - Shaun in TO - 1:03am on 10/09/09
- I saute chopped garlic in the butter I'm going to add to the mashed potatoes in the microwave. [NT] - Elenor - 2:09am on 10/09/09
- Oh, and I like to add a couple of bay leaves to the water when I boil potatoes. [NT] - Elenor - 2:15am on 10/09/09
- My Czech in-laws always boil potatoes with a small handful of caraway seeds. Not sure what it does.. - ErininNY - 11:42am on 10/09/09