Some cosmetic changes in preparation for larger site changes in the works.
Wouldn't you say that "espresso diluted with water" is just "coffee"? What am I
Joined: Dec 9, 2005
Posted to Thread #16408 at 4:21 am on Oct 9, 2009
missing? Starbuck's cafe Americano was described to me in that way by a Starbuck's employee.
I'm not a real big coffee drinker, so maybe (?). I just looked it up on the Starbucks website, and that's exactly how they described it too.
What do you order if you go to a specialty coffee shop? My favorite is just plain ol' cappuccino.
How did the fool *get* his money?!
Other messages in this thread:
- 16408. Wouldn't you say that "espresso diluted with water" is just "coffee"? What am I - DawnNYS - 4:21am on 10/09/09 (13)
- The method of espresso vs. drip coffee produce different brews. Espresso is less acidic... - Sandi in Hawaii - 4:43am on 10/09/09
- I made a mistake. The young girl at the Starbucks kiosk told me "It's espresso made with water" to - DawnNYS - 2:41pm on 10/10/09
- They're correct. In Italy, an Americano is just that -- espresso with hot water added. It's easier [LINK] - Shaun in TO - 12:57pm on 10/09/09
- Thanks for posting this link, Shaun. Did you read the part about steamed WATER?? - Sandi in Hawaii - 3:45pm on 10/10/09
- Beans meant for espresso are roasted to a much darker extent which changes the flavor and removes... - charlie - 2:21pm on 10/09/09
- Removes Caffeine? I did not know that! Learn something new everyday. While I knew expresso was - barb_b - 6:45pm on 10/09/09
- barb--I have been informed that I was incorrect in saying that the longer roasting time... - charlie - 6:52pm on 10/09/09
- It isn't a myth. The longer beans are roasted, the more moisture evaporates from them, taking some - Shaun in TO - 7:42pm on 10/09/09
- Espresso also has less caffeine because... - Michael in Sarasota - 10:35pm on 10/09/09
- I became a bit more educated on the subject and found that in the north of Italy... - charlie - 11:00pm on 10/09/09
- Robusta beans have about 2x as much caffeine as Arabica beans... [NT] - ErininNY - 11:35pm on 10/09/09
- That's another fact that I found----robusta are the cheaper beans that are mostly used in mass.. - charlie - 12:09am on 10/10/09