Some cosmetic changes in preparation for larger site changes in the works.
|Sandi in Hawaii||
Let's see - I'll play today....
Joined: Dec 12, 2005
Posted to Thread #16427 at 3:53 am on Oct 11, 2009
1) I'm simmering smoked ham hocks for a stock for Portuguese Bean Soup, even though it's probably 90º outside.
2) I just had a frozen brownie - the King Arthur On the Fence brownies. I think I like them better frozen than fresh! I wonder what other food you can say that about :)
3) I found some Honey Crisp apples at the store for the first time this season. Had to buy some, even at $2.99 a pound.
4) Got two homegrown local avocados ripening on the counter. These are HUGE - one is 1 lb 13 oz., the other is 1 lb 4 oz. I love having friends with avocado trees!
5) Bought some truffle salt at Williams-Sonoma today. O.M.G. Crazy expensive, but sooooooo worth it!!!
6) I'm dying for a slice of homemade apple pie, but it's too hot to bake here. The trade winds were supposed to come back today (it's been gone for the last week), but it didn't. Sure hope it comes tomorrow to cool us off so I can bake!
Other messages in this thread:
- 16427. My Saturday Six - DawnNYS - 12:11am on 10/11/09 (31)
- Oh, I've missed these... - ErininNY - 2:02am on 10/11/09
- I think I got my Herbes de Provence at Cost Plus World Market. [NT] - Luisa_Calif - 2:30am on 10/11/09
- Can I add a Sunday? :o) Smashing pumpkins [LINK] - DawnNYS - 11:11pm on 10/11/09
- Reminds me of when I dropped a coconut from my apartment balcony to open it. :) Bombs away! [NT] - ErininNY - 3:31am on 10/12/09
- Erin I just saw a bottle in the Goya section at a supermarket around here... - Sandra in New York - 2:48am on 10/11/09
- that sounds fancy, doesn't it? "by your office"... ;) [NT] - Sandra in New York - 2:49am on 10/11/09
- Thanks, Sandra--I should look near home; we have a place with row after row of Goya.... - ErininNY - 2:02pm on 10/11/09
- Erin - or anyone else who wants it - PM me and I'll send you the herbes de provence - - cheezz - 2:22am on 10/12/09
- Erin, I used to buy it at Zabar's when I lived in NYC. (I think it was their own label) .Very good. - Meryl - 2:37am on 10/12/09
- Let's see - I'll play today.... - Sandi in Hawaii - 3:53am on 10/11/09
- Sat six! - PatBastrop - 4:07am on 10/11/09
- A cricket in the house traditionally means good luck! [NT] - Heather_in_SF - 11:10am on 10/11/09
- What about two possums in the garage? :P [NT] - Dawn_MO - 11:56am on 10/11/09
- What about a family of racoons under your house? *sigh* [NT] - Pat-NoCal - 2:50pm on 10/11/09
- A cricket in the hand is worth 2 possums in... oh nevermind ;o) [NT] - DawnNYS - 9:17pm on 10/11/09
- An abundance of fresh basil....lucky you! [NT] - Pat-NoCal - 2:52pm on 10/11/09
- Sandi, we can pick Honey Crisp apples here for about 80 cents a lb, but our - DawnNYS - 4:14am on 10/11/09
- Pick your own? I want one of those farms here - any fruit! - Sandi in Hawaii - 4:34am on 10/11/09
- My sister told me about the Jazz apples, she loved them. - Dawn_MO - 10:43am on 10/11/09
- I love Honey Crisp apples but they're never below $1.99 per lb here. Sigh! [NT] - Sylvia - 10:06am on 10/11/09
- I just came from the store (Wegmans, if anyone wants to go) and they had Honey Crisp cider! - DawnNYS - 9:13pm on 10/11/09
- My Sunday Six - EvaN - 10:28am on 10/11/09
- Try this "Mrs." EvaN (congrats!) Rec: Zuccini with Farfalle. This is so good. - orchid - 6:03pm on 10/11/09
- My Sunday Six - Dawn_MO - 10:54am on 10/11/09
- Dawn, I am excited for you on your new venture with the farmers market! [NT] - barb_b - 11:27pm on 10/12/09
- Thanks barb, I am too! [NT] - Dawn_MO - 4:35am on 10/13/09
- My Sunday Six - Heather_in_SF - 11:38am on 10/11/09
- Pot roast must be in the air - I made on the other day, DawnMO will today, and you too! So good and - DawnNYS - 3:04pm on 10/11/09
- Well, maybe tomorrow I'll make one, somehow shopping today has lost its appeal over a nap, LOL [NT] - Heather_in_SF - 9:19pm on 10/11/09