Some cosmetic changes in preparation for larger site changes in the works.
Thank you all for your very well wishes. And yes, a gobbler gave up his life for our feast.
Joined: Dec 14, 2005
Posted to Thread #16436 at 9:58 pm on Oct 11, 2009
We thanked him for his gift. We also had mushroom broth to start followed by Sir Turkey, stuffing, gravy. mashed carrots & parsnip, roasted squash and broccoli. Thrre was pumpkin pie with whipped cream to end it all.
We have so much to be thankful for........
wonderful family, fabulous friends (virtual and otherwise), living where we do, being able to have excellent food on our tables, etc. etc. etc.
Now that the house is quiet again and the clean up done, I can kick back and reflect.
Other messages in this thread:
- 16436. Guests arrive in 20 minutes for Thanksgiving Dinner and i can't believe I''m not racing around like - Sylvia - 4:44pm on 10/11/09 (22)
- Happy Thanksgiving, Sylvia, and to all our Canadian friends. [NT] - Pat-NoCal - 4:47pm on 10/11/09
- Have a wonderful Thanksgiving dinner. It sounds like you did everything right. :-) [NT] - EvaN - 4:49pm on 10/11/09
- Or it just means you've forgotten something...just kidding! [NT] - Curious1 - 4:54pm on 10/11/09
- i know with YOU doing the cooking it will be so great! (wish I was there) [NT] - Luisa_Calif - 5:29pm on 10/11/09
- Happy Thanksgiving. My year off, yeah (although I "get" Christmas. [NT] - emtd - 6:22pm on 10/11/09
- Happy Thanksgiving to you and Ian and all the other Canadians -- is Ella still around? Tell her - PatBastrop - 8:18pm on 10/11/09
- Ella is well. We still keep in close touch. Will pass on your message. [NT] - Sylvia - 10:00pm on 10/11/09
- Have a wonderful and relaxing meal, Sylvia. You've earned it! [NT] - MarilynFL - 8:35pm on 10/11/09
- Happy Thanksgiving. Traditional turkey there too? [NT] - DawnNYS - 9:18pm on 10/11/09
- Thank you all for your very well wishes. And yes, a gobbler gave up his life for our feast. - Sylvia - 9:58pm on 10/11/09
- Happy Thanksgiving! [NT] - Sandra in New York - 10:10pm on 10/11/09
- The Relaxed Hostess you are Sylvia. Happy Thanksgiving! Actually, - FloriSandy - 11:04pm on 10/11/09
- Happy Thanksgiving to you!!!! [NT] - Heather_in_SF - 1:01am on 10/12/09
- Enjoy! Happy Thanksgiving, Sylvia. :) [NT] - ErininNY - 3:24am on 10/12/09
- To our Canadian neighbors--HAPPY THANKSGIVING! [NT] - Barbara in VA - 12:28pm on 10/12/09
- Boy, you really are well organized - 24 hours + 20 minutes to spare ;o) - RuthAB - 2:22pm on 10/12/09
- RUTH! Hello and Happy Thanksgiving to you. so good to see you posting. think of you often [NT] - AngAk - 7:43pm on 10/13/09
- Hello back! It was a good one - and there was a lot to be thankful for. I don't stop by as much ... - RuthAB - 7:24pm on 10/14/09
- Have a wonderful holiday and make sure Ian behaves. [NT] - desertjean - 3:23pm on 10/12/09
- Desertjean, Ian behaved beautifully....especially since he did most of the clean up. What a guy! [NT] - Sylvia - 4:16pm on 10/12/09
- Glad to hear he behaved. I do enjoy my chats with him on FB. [NT] - desertjean - 5:37pm on 10/12/09
- Oh boy, that one is a keeper! give him a hug for me. [NT] - AngAk - 7:44pm on 10/13/09