Some cosmetic changes in preparation for larger site changes in the works.
REC Mom's cake The apple cake I make for the Jewish holidays is so like
Joined: Feb 4, 2008
Posted to Thread #16432 at 1:05 pm on Oct 13, 2009
this recipe. And there is my mother's cake -
This was my mother's cake for all those
times when you need one fast..we loved it
but she only would make it in emergencies!!
My sister and I make it all the time...
1&/1/2 bar butter
1/2 c. sugar
2 tsp. vanilla
1 1/2 c . flour
1 1/2 baking powder
Melt butter, add sugar, beat egg, add
vanilla. Sift flour & baking powder.
Pour into 2 round pans (not pour it's fairly
thick) Top with - thinly sliced
sugar, or peaches sliced or
blueberries and sugar ..in short with
whatever you have.. 40-45 til
browned. I serve as is, with ice cream,
fruit, whipped cream -- whatever...
Other messages in this thread:
- 16432. Rec: Apple cake - it's baking in the oven now. [LINK] - EvaN - 10:35am on 10/11/09 (6)
- Ooh, like a coffee cake! That sounds good - I'm in the baking mood again. Thnx [NT] - DawnNYS - 2:29pm on 10/11/09
- REC Mom's cake The apple cake I make for the Jewish holidays is so like - elaine - 1:05pm on 10/13/09
- funny about your puppy. My dog is afraid of the turkeys that the local feed store raises each fall - AngAk - 7:36pm on 10/13/09
- *LOL*, that is too funny, AngAk. I have never met another dog who hides behind - EvaN - 12:51pm on 10/14/09
- and my dog is part Lab---hunting dog----so embarassing! [NT] - AngAk - 6:00pm on 10/14/09
- LMAO - My dog is also a Lab. Or to be precise, a Lab Retriever mix. *LOL* [NT] - EvaN - 7:54pm on 10/17/09