Some cosmetic changes in preparation for larger site changes in the works.
Yes, that was something new! Next time I would use a 9" or 8-1/2" pan -- the 9-1/2"
Joined: Jul 17, 2006
Posted to Thread #16410 at 3:09 am on Oct 14, 2009
made the shortbread just a bit too thin for my taste (about 1/2" thick).
Inside me lives a skinny woman crying to get out, but I can usually shut her up with cookies!
Other messages in this thread:
- 16410. rec'd a pkg of dried mango from Hawaii- can I use it like other dried fruits? Reconstitute? Recipes? [NT] - cheezz - 6:17am on 10/09/09 (18)
- I never did anything with them besides eat them out of hand. - Sandi in Hawaii - 7:34am on 10/09/09
- never heard of li hing powder! [NT] - cheezz - 11:36pm on 10/09/09
- Check these out: [NT] - Meryl - 7:53am on 10/09/09
- Double ginger mango shortbread [NT] [LINK] - Meryl - 7:54am on 10/09/09
- This sounds amazing. Maybe as biscotti, too... [NT] - ErininNY - 11:45am on 10/09/09
- Sweet onion mango chutney [NT] [LINK] - Meryl - 7:54am on 10/09/09
- Tropical chicken couscous [NT] [LINK] - Meryl - 7:55am on 10/09/09
- Meryl! Thank you for all the recipes... I have my eye on the chutney and couscous. [NT] - cheezz - 11:38pm on 10/09/09
- You're welcome! [NT] - Meryl - 12:12am on 10/10/09
- They're good in scones...almost like dried apricot. [NT] - MarilynFL - 7:57pm on 10/09/09
- Oh! I am making the Cook's Illustrated scones from this month's issue tomorrow! - cheezz - 11:37pm on 10/09/09
- not scones.... shortbread.... egads. ANYWAY - the shortbread turned out VERY yummy - cheezz - 11:18pm on 10/10/09
- REC: Best Shortbread from CI - cheezz - 11:20pm on 10/10/09
- How did you like these? [NT] - Luisa_Calif - 5:22pm on 10/12/09
- Really, I'd have to taste them side by side with my recipe, but they were quite good. - cheezz - 8:07pm on 10/12/09
- interesting recipe---and I love the method of using the springform "collar" to shape, then loosen - AngAk - 7:01pm on 10/13/09
- Yes, that was something new! Next time I would use a 9" or 8-1/2" pan -- the 9-1/2" - cheezz - 3:09am on 10/14/09