Some cosmetic changes in preparation for larger site changes in the works.
REC: Mediterranean Chops with Parmesan Orzo, recommended by kpinky
Joined: Dec 18, 2005
Posted to Thread #1743 at 3:59 pm on May 8, 2006
Makes 4 pork chops
Total Time: 50 mins. (including orzo)
4 boneless pork chops (6 oz. each)
salt & pepper
1/4 c. all-purpose flour
1/4 c. olive oil
1 1/2 c. onions, sliced
1 c. golden raisins
2 Tbsp garlic, chopped
1/2 c. dry marsala
1 1/2 c. choppped Roma tomatoes, seeded & peeled
1 c. chicken broth
1/4 c. white wine vinegar
2 Tbsp. sugar
2 tsp. dried oregano
1/2 c. pimiento-stuffed green olives
2 Tbsp. capers, drained, crushed
2 Tbsp. chopped fresh parsley
1 Tbsp. lemon zest
- Season the chops with salt and pepper; dust with flour.
- Heat oil in a saute pan over medium-high. Add the chops and saute until browned on both sides, about 5 minutes; remove from pan.
- Add onions and saute 3 minutes; stir in raisins and garlic, and saute another minute.
- Deglaze with the marsala, scraping up any browned bits from the bottom of the pan.
- Stir in tomatoes, broth, vinegar, sugar, and oregano; bring to a boil. Return chops to the pan, cover, reduce heat to medium-low, and simmer for 10 minutes. Add the olives and capers; simmer until heated through.
- To serve, arrange chops over Parmesan Orzo (below), then garnish with parsley and lemon zest.
Makes about 3 cups
Total Time: 15 minutes
1 cup dry orzo pasta
1 Tbsp. olive oil
1/4 c. parmesan or asiago, grated
salt and pepper
- Prepare orzo according to package directions; drain and transfer to a bowl.
- Stir in olive oil, cheese, salt, and pepper.
Cuisine at Home, Feb. 2006
Other messages in this thread:
- 1743. REC: Mediterranean Chops with Parmesan Orzo, recommended by kpinky - AndreainDC - 3:59pm on 05/08/06 (5)
- I wonder, could you substitute white wine for Marsala, just a different flavor.... [NT] - Marsha tbay - 4:39pm on 05/08/06
- I wouldn't do white wine - but sherry maybe...(more) - kpinky - 11:10am on 05/09/06
- AndreainDC ~ thanks for posting recipe!! I didn't read ahead thinking this was my original post... - kpinky - 11:26am on 05/09/06
- You're welcome! - AndreainDC - 11:51am on 05/09/06
- I didn't use quite all the vinegar...afraid it might be too "sour". And do NOT slice the olives... - kpinky - 11:29am on 05/09/06