Some cosmetic changes in preparation for larger site changes in the works.
The first hurricane we endured while in NC
Joined: Feb 14, 2006
Posted to Thread #16530 at 3:00 am on Oct 20, 2009
was Bertha. We had no electricity, water, AC for several days. AND my M-I-L was visiting. I could just picture her going back to MO and telling everyone how we lived in the south and how she wasn't even allowed to flush the toilet, ROFL.
On the upside, we discovered that it was a plus to live in the same power grid as a fire station, hospital and the power company offices. We were always first to get power back after storms.
And who knew that marshmallows toasted over candles could taste so good?
Other messages in this thread:
- 16530. Longest.Weekend.Ever. Storm hit on Thursday, three days without power. - Amanda_Pennsylvania - 11:08pm on 10/19/09 (13)
- Awww, I feel your pain Amanda. Several years ago when "Wilma" hit - orchid - 11:30pm on 10/19/09
- The best gift I ever got my hubby was one of those head lamps - pretty cheap and [LINK] - cheezz - 11:37pm on 10/19/09
- Oh my goodness (((Amanda))) Our power went off here for a few hours - LisainLA - 12:36am on 10/20/09
- Brr! Hope you're warm and dry. [NT] - ErininNY - 12:45am on 10/20/09
- We get it here in AZ when the monsoon storms hit in July-August. No COOLING! Ouch. I feel for you. [NT] - Michael in Phoenix - 1:04am on 10/20/09
- Holy blackout. Glad you and the hub and Baby L are all fine. [NT] - MarilynFL - 1:46am on 10/20/09
- The first hurricane we endured while in NC - desertjean - 3:00am on 10/20/09
- Brrrrrr! Out here gas is cheaper to run than electric... - MariaDNoCA - 3:59am on 10/20/09
- Tough. Even tougher when you have a little one to think about. [NT] - PatBastrop - 4:17am on 10/20/09
- Brings back (not great) memories - I'm really feeling for you - deb-in-MI - 10:36am on 10/20/09
- That sounds like a long weekend. How did you manage to stay warm with no heating? [NT] - EvaN - 6:11pm on 10/20/09
- We have a fireplace, so we managed to keep one room warm. - Amanda_Pennsylvania - 6:17pm on 10/20/09
- Amanda, I feel for you. 40 degrees inside is awfully cold. I'm glad you have the fireplace. [NT] - EvaN - 9:06pm on 10/20/09