Some cosmetic changes in preparation for larger site changes in the works.
I need help with a menu for tomorrow night. We are having a party
Joined: Dec 9, 2005
Posted to Thread #16577 at 11:06 pm on Oct 23, 2009
for my sister-in-law's birthday and we are all uninspired. My SIL is not thrilled to celebrate her birthday (her husband died of a heart attack about a month ago).
My stepdaughter is pretty much broke and pregnant; read exhausted. And we are being very careful too. I am trying to figure out dinner tomorrow and everyone is kind of low key, emotion wise. I have no idea what her favorite food is. Any ideas or suggestions??? Any and all ideas will be most appreciated. Oh and it has to feed 12 people. Thanks in advance.
Sometimes you just need to look reality in the eye, and deny it. �Garrison Keillor
Other messages in this thread:
- 16577. I need help with a menu for tomorrow night. We are having a party - Dawn_MO - 11:06pm on 10/23/09 (12)
- Dawn, there are a lot of great ideas and recipes under "Menus." [NT] [LINK] - Meryl - 11:13pm on 10/23/09
- adults and children, or just adults? I bet when you all get together, it will be uplifting to her. - AngAk - 11:33pm on 10/23/09
- Dawn, what about a taco bar - KarenNoCA - 11:36pm on 10/23/09
- How about the Green Chile Chicken Enchiladas -- they are FABULOUS! Recipes..... - cheezz - 4:16am on 10/24/09
- Crock pot of Pat's Amazing Chile (in T&T) (I double the beans.) - Amanda_Pennsylvania - 4:48am on 10/24/09
- Sausage and peppers w/salad; apple crumble... [NT] - barb_b - 11:31am on 10/24/09
- On my list to try: Posted by Gay Rec: Apple Onion and Cheddar Soup - barb_b - 11:38am on 10/24/09
- And to make it a soup party, also posted by Gay Rec: Pumpkin and White Bean Soup - barb_b - 11:42am on 10/24/09
- Thanks everyone! As usual you all had great ideas. I took Meryl's - Dawn_MO - 2:19pm on 10/24/09
- Sounds delish! Let us know how everyone liked it :) [NT] - cheezz - 10:49pm on 10/24/09
- Everyone loved it. The only thing was since I served the Lazy Woman appetizers - Dawn_MO - 4:14am on 10/25/09
- Leftovers tonight. I made a fresh batch of the coconut rice and served the - Dawn_MO - 12:15am on 10/26/09