Some cosmetic changes in preparation for larger site changes in the works.
Here's two without peanut butter.
Joined: Dec 28, 2005
Posted to Thread #16722 at 10:09 pm on Nov 5, 2009
No Bake - Chocolate Coconut Drop Cookies
Mix together in a large bowl:
3 cups oatmeal
½ cup coconut (and enough to roll balls into)
½ cup chopped nuts
6 tablespoons cocoa
½ cup butter
½ cup milk
2 cups regular sugar
Boil 1 minute. Add 1 teaspoon vanilla. Pour liquid into dry ingredients. Stir well. Cool Slightly. Roll from teaspoon into some coconut and let set up in refrigerator.
(Mixture should be moist to roll easily.)
No Bake - Date Balls
2 tablespoons butter
1½ cups dates, pitted and chopped
1 cup sugar
2 eggs beaten
¼ teaspoon salt
2½ cups rice krispies cereal
½ cup finely chopped walnuts
1 teaspoon vanilla
2 cups flaked coconut (enough to roll balls into)
Combine butter, sugar, eggs and salt and mix well. Add chopped dates. Heat and cook, stirring constantly, for about 10 minutes, until mixture is very thick. Remove from heat and cool. Add vanilla.
Add rice krispies and chopped nuts. Mix well, using hands if necessary. Form into small balls (small ice cream scoop) and roll into coconut. Let set up in refrigerator.
Other messages in this thread:
- 16722. ISO recipe for a no-bake cookie. - Amanda_Pennsylvania - 7:42pm on 11/05/09 (5)
- a favorite cookie, one of the first recipes I ever made by myself.... - daricem - 9:19pm on 11/05/09
- Here is another one - from cheezz. I loved these growing up! [LINK] - LisainLA - 9:29pm on 11/05/09
- yeah - these have to be my favorite :) -- sounds like the one daricem posted, too. [NT] - cheezz - 12:07am on 11/06/09
- Here's two without peanut butter. - Elenor - 10:09pm on 11/05/09
- Thanks much--I will give these a try. [NT] - Amanda_Pennsylvania - 9:36pm on 11/10/09