Some cosmetic changes in preparation for larger site changes in the works.
REC: Stuffed Figs Drizzled with Chocolate - I just remembered this one - I posted it for several
Joined: Dec 19, 2005
Posted to Thread #17023 at 1:10 am on Dec 1, 2009
people, and they loved it.
STUFFED FIGS DRIZZLED WITH CHOCOLATE
1/2 cup pine nuts, toasted
8 ounces cream cheese, softened
2 tablespoons grated orange zest
1/4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
10 fresh figs, washed, stems removed
1/4 cup chocolate chips
1 tablespoon butter
1 tablespoon Grand Marnier (one reviewer used a little juice from the orange)
1 orange, sliced
1. In a small bowl, combine the cream cheese, cooled pine nuts, orange zest, nutmeg and pepper, mixing until smooth.
2. Slice each fig in half lengthwise.
3. Press about a tablespoon of the cream cheese mixture into the cut side of each fig half.
4. Melt chocolate and butter in micro 1 minute (or use double boiler); add Grand Marnier, stir till creamy.
5. Drizzle over stuffed figs.
6. Garnish on a platter with orange slices.
A balanced diet is equal parts of milk and dark chocolate.
Other messages in this thread:
- 17023. ISO recipe for stuffed apples. I'm putting a class menu together called "Stuff It!" - Joe - 10:47pm on 11/30/09 (32)
- leftover whole cranberry sauce and walnuts is good too. [NT] - AngAk - 11:04pm on 11/30/09
- Stuffed apples or pears w/ goat cheese or cream cheese or blue cheese, dried fruit, nuts, cinnamon.. [NT] - Meryl - 11:34pm on 11/30/09
- Some ideas/recipes: [NT] - Meryl - 11:34pm on 11/30/09
- Stuffed Pears in Spiced Orange Sauce [NT] [LINK] - Meryl - 11:34pm on 11/30/09
- Baked apples stuffed with mascarpone and cherries [NT] [LINK] - Meryl - 11:35pm on 11/30/09
- Baked apples stuffed with goat cheese and leeks [NT] [LINK] - Meryl - 11:35pm on 11/30/09
- Gorgonzola stuffed pears with sauterne [NT] [LINK] - Meryl - 11:36pm on 11/30/09
- I have one from Caprial Pence, "Walnut Stuffed Apples", that is wonderful. - orchid - 11:47pm on 11/30/09
- Rec: Walnut Stuffed Apples....it's amazing what a couple of glasses - orchid - 2:11am on 12/01/09
- Not apples; but for your "stuff it" theme...Rec: Chocolate Hazelnut Ravioli [NT] [LINK] - barb_b - 12:05am on 12/01/09
- Another fun one is cream filled Strawberries drizzled with chocolate sauce [NT] - barb_b - 12:06am on 12/01/09
- REC: Stuffed Figs Drizzled with Chocolate - I just remembered this one - I posted it for several [LINK] [IMAGE] - Meryl - 1:10am on 12/01/09
- Thanks, everyone! This gives me so many options. I'll probably choose a non-cheese - Joe - 5:21am on 12/01/09
- David Lebovitz's Baked Apples with Fresh Ginger, Dates, Almonds and Rum. Doesn't qualify as "not too [LINK] - Shaun in TO - 3:39pm on 12/01/09
- Posted this a while back: REC: Sweet Potato Stuffed Baked Apples [LINK] - Heather_in_SF - 6:54am on 12/01/09
- You could follow it with a class called "Stick It!". . . you know, skewered foods? Ahem. [NT] - Steve2 in LA - 9:11am on 12/01/09
- What could I serve for "Shove It?" I like to work in threes. [NT] - Joe - 5:04pm on 12/01/09
- Uhm, pie??!!! As in....Take That Pie and Shove It! [NT] [LINK] - Pat-NoCal - 5:20pm on 12/01/09
- Or "Shut It!" as in pie-hole. Or maybe Steve can teach a jam class called "Can it!" [NT] - Joe - 5:56pm on 12/01/09
- sign me up! [NT] - AngAk - 6:45pm on 12/01/09
- Any way you Slice It, I see some cooking classes in your future. [NT] - Pat-NoCal - 9:43pm on 12/01/09
- I have always thought a preserves class called "We Be Jamming" would be so cool. Ya mon. [NT] - Heather_in_SF - 5:37am on 12/03/09
- Hah! [NT] - Amanda_Pennsylvania - 4:06pm on 12/03/09
- you must remember that for next year and the Canning Across America event---if they do it again. [NT] - AngAk - 7:00pm on 12/03/09
- Hazelnut-Stuffed Pears with Maple Glaze [NT] [LINK] - Pat-NoCal - 3:38pm on 12/01/09
- Stuffed Apple Dumplings [LINK] - Pat-NoCal - 3:46pm on 12/01/09
- Cream Puffs or Eclairs [NT] - MoNJ - 5:13pm on 12/01/09
- Oh yeh, good "stuff". Or profiteroles. [NT] - Pat-NoCal - 5:15pm on 12/01/09
- You are all the greatest! Thanks for this wealth of information. [NT] - Joe - 5:55pm on 12/01/09