Some cosmetic changes in preparation for larger site changes in the works.
This is a good recipe, but as a Chili and Bean purist, I can't help it,
Joined: Aug 4, 2006
Posted to Thread #17094 at 10:06 pm on Dec 6, 2009
This should be called Chili Con Pollo, Frijoles, y Maiz. (pollo means chicken, frijoles = beans, maiz = corn)
Chili has beef, venison, elk, buffalo, etc.
Beans were added to Chili Con Carne to make it feed more people during hard times. (carne = meat)
The stew chili, is not be confused with the hot peppers called chile or chiles.
You did say ISO y'all southwesterners...Of course I would add MUCH more chili powder.
Other messages in this thread:
- 17094. ISO of y'all southwesterners.... Rec: Smoked Chicken Chili from Weber's Recipe of the Week [IMAGE] - FloriSandy - 6:25am on 12/06/09 (6)
- Just bought meself some hickory chips last week so I'm good to go! [NT] - FloriSandy - 6:28am on 12/06/09
- This is a good recipe, but as a Chili and Bean purist, I can't help it, - Kendall - 10:06pm on 12/06/09
- By any other name Kendall, I'll be ready to add more chili powder as you suggested. Thanks for tip [NT] - FloriSandy - 3:48am on 12/07/09
- Ancho is a pretty mild chile, I'd mix a blend of cayenne and ancho, but as the original Joy - Kendall - 3:55am on 12/07/09
- Me likes spicy, thanks again! [NT] - FloriSandy - 4:13am on 12/07/09
- I just had a thought...it's about salt, as you correct the seasoning, you might need a bit more salt [NT] - Kendall - 8:07am on 12/07/09