Some cosmetic changes in preparation for larger site changes in the works.
Stress, ankle pain, the holidays... sometimes everything just seems against us.
Joined: Jul 17, 2006
Posted to Thread #17315 at 6:08 am on Dec 30, 2009
I go thru "the drops" when I swear I just can't hang onto anything. Eggs slip to the floor, I pick up a pan from the stove and it just slips right out of my hand, the half gallon of milk I grab in the fridge is suddenly on the floor. Granted, my dog thinks this is fabulous, but oy... what a mess! Then the world shifts back and all is fine again.
Inside me lives a skinny woman crying to get out, but I can usually shut her up with cookies!
Other messages in this thread:
- 17315. I have lost my cooking mojo... - Heather_in_SF - 2:31am on 12/30/09 (15)
- Heather, these periods come and go. Randi used to call them "the GAKS"... - Joe - 4:21am on 12/30/09
- Stress, ankle pain, the holidays... sometimes everything just seems against us. - cheezz - 6:08am on 12/30/09
- "This too shall pass" - deb-in-MI - 11:59am on 12/30/09
- Heather, something similar happened to me once, I just couldn't bake any more.... - Barbara in VA - 1:28pm on 12/30/09
- Go for soups... - SallyBR - 4:02pm on 12/30/09
- excellent prescription! then, go to your favorite bakery and buy a crusty loaf of bread. perfect [NT] - AngAk - 7:19pm on 12/30/09
- I've had periods like that where everything I touched burned or boiled over. - Amanda_Pennsylvania - 4:03pm on 12/30/09
- I had to toss 2 batches of holiday fudge this year. It's never happened before. [NT] - Lana in FL - 4:44pm on 12/30/09
- Butter fat oozing out? Welcome to the FCMOA, my child. [NT] - MarilynFL - 3:03pm on 12/31/09
- FCMOA??? And what causes the butter fat to ooze out? This happens sometimes to me too. [NT] - cheezz - 6:14pm on 12/31/09
- Oops...should be FCMAW (Failed Candy Maker Addicts of the World) [LINK] - MarilynFL - 9:45pm on 12/31/09
- ..and here the lemon cream recipe that talks about cooling down to 140 before adding butter. [LINK] - MarilynFL - 9:48pm on 12/31/09
- no, it's just granular instead of smooth. Will force DD to make the next batch! [NT] - Lana in FL - 10:28pm on 12/31/09
- Happily I still have my cocktail mojo! - Heather_in_SF - 8:57am on 12/31/09
- Along the same lines: - Sandra in New York - 8:08pm on 12/31/09