Some cosmetic changes in preparation for larger site changes in the works.
|Sandi in Hawaii||
I agree that seasoning the meat instead of adding it to the flour makes more sense...
Joined: Dec 12, 2005
Posted to Thread #17321 at 7:41 pm on Dec 30, 2009
Definitely better control over the amount of seasoning.
Sometimes, I shake my head and wonder about certain recipe directions. I still follow the directions, and then when it fails, I realize I should trusted the voice in my head :)
I definitely think that collectively, we could write cookbooks that are far better than some of the ones out there!
Other messages in this thread:
- 17321. I'm making Osso Buco and wonder why one would season the flour instead of the veal shanks? - Michael in Sarasota - 7:19pm on 12/30/09 (10)
- I agree that seasoning the meat instead of adding it to the flour makes more sense... - Sandi in Hawaii - 7:41pm on 12/30/09
- "The Best of Finer Kitchens". "In the Kitchen With Finer Kitchens". [NT] - AngAk - 7:43pm on 12/30/09
- This is why, Michael and Sandi- and Angie - CathyZ from Kauai - 8:46pm on 12/30/09
- Ahhh, that makes sense! Thanks! [NT] - Sandi in Hawaii - 8:58pm on 12/30/09
- I can see that if you dip in beaten egg and then flour but I don't think the flour - Michael in Sarasota - 9:41pm on 12/30/09
- It's probably a matter of personal preference. Shirley Corriher suggests seasoning each part of - Shaun in TO - 10:52pm on 12/30/09
- I agree. And taste the finished dish for any corrective seasoning. [NT] - Pat-NoCal - 11:16pm on 12/30/09
- Whatever you think Michael- your choice to do whatever you want. - CathyZ from Kauai - 12:55am on 12/31/09
- I agree with fresh herbs that it should be in the flour. I also like Shirley Corriher's idea to - Michael in Sarasota - 3:20am on 12/31/09
- I've seasoned the flour when the recipe called for it and for those recipes, it seemed to make sense [NT] - FloriSandy - 2:55am on 12/31/09