Some cosmetic changes in preparation for larger site changes in the works.
I'm real proud of these crepes
Joined: Aug 4, 2006
Posted to Thread #17534 at 11:47 pm on Jan 28, 2010
Julia Child's crepe recipe w/2 t sugar added.
Makes 10 crepes.
1 1/4 C full fat cottage cheese, put in colander to drain liquid
4 oz cream cheese, softened
1/4 C sugar
1 t vanilla
16 oz jar of strawberry preserves, of a good brand with whole strawberries
2 T Captain Morgan's spiced rum
1/4 t ground allspice
Put drained cottage cheese, cream cheese, sugar, and vanilla in food processor or blender, and blend until smooth, then chill in refridgerator.
Put preserves in a sauce pan, add rum, and 1/4 t ground allspice. Heat on stove on very low until a little syrupy, then turn heat up, and boil 5 minutes. Remove from heat, and let cool. It will be slightly less than 2 cups now.
You should have 10 ten inch crepes. Use 3 t of cheese mix for each crepe. Roll all crepes, and serve with preserves on top sprinkled with powdered sugar.
Other messages in this thread:
- 17534. Wanna make strawberry/sourcream crepes. I wanna add brandy to the strawberry preserves. - Kendall - 7:21pm on 01/27/10 (9)
- I think it would be good. Do you heat the preserves? I think it would be - Melissa Dallas - 7:43pm on 01/27/10
- I've been going through spells lately where I have the time but I just don't want - Melissa Dallas - 9:11pm on 01/27/10
- Oh, Melissa, I hope nothing is wrong. [NT] - Kendall - 11:03pm on 01/27/10
- Oh, no. I've just been trying to get some extensive cleaning done and messing - Melissa Dallas - 8:01am on 01/28/10
- That's what I thought too Melissa. I'm just now making up the recipe. - Kendall - 8:20pm on 01/27/10
- I think you're gonna have to melt the preserves to mix in the brandy but you can do it a day ahead> - Steve2 in LA - 9:50pm on 01/27/10
- I know you are correct Steve, but I forgot to buy ricotta cheese. - Kendall - 9:54pm on 01/27/10
- Could NOT find ricotta cheese in 2 grocery stores this morning & frozen in now. Cottage Cheese it is [NT] - Kendall - 2:18pm on 01/28/10
- I'm real proud of these crepes - Kendall - 11:47pm on 01/28/10