Some cosmetic changes in preparation for larger site changes in the works.
Rec: New Mexico Style Green Chili and Pork Stew with Potatoes. Thought I had>>>
Joined: Dec 15, 2005
Posted to Thread #1885 at 10:00 pm on May 16, 2006
already posted this but don't find it with a search so I'll post it now. It is really delicious.
New Mexico-Style Green Chili & Pork Stew with Potatoes
Recipe By: CIA
Serving Size : 5
Categories : Pork Veal Dishes
1 tablespoon vegetable oil
1 1/2 pounds boneless lean pork -- cut in 1/2" cubes
1 large onions -- diced
2 1/2 cloves garlic -- minced
2 cups chicken stock
2 tablespoons tomato puree
3 to 9 poblano chilis, roasted, seeded & peeled -- cut in 1/2" pieces
1 1/2 teaspoons ground cumin
1 teaspoon ground Mexican oregano
1 tablespoon mild chili powder
1 whole jalapeno chili pepper -- seeded and minced
1 tablespoon green Tabasco sauce
1/2 teaspoon white vinegar
1 teaspoon salt
3 red potatoes -- cut in 1/2" pieces
Heat the 2 tablespoons vegetable oil in a large sauté pan over medium heat. Add the pork and sauté until gray. Remove from the pan and place in a 4 qt. heavy saucepan. Sauté the onions and garlic in the same pan, using a little more oil if needed. Add the cooked onions and garlic, stock, tomato puree, poblanos, cumin, oregano, and chili powder. Bring the mixture to a boil, reduce the heat to a simmer, and cook, covered, for 1 hour, stirring occasionally. Add the jalapenos, Tabasco, vinegar, salt, and potatoes. Cook, covered, at a simmer for about 20 minutes, or until the potatoes are tender.
Serve this spicy chili stew in bowls with warm, buttered flour tortillas and grated Monterey jack cheese.
Eat, drink, and be merry, for tomorrow we may diet.
Other messages in this thread:
- 1885. Rec: New Mexico Style Green Chili and Pork Stew with Potatoes. Thought I had>>> - orchid - 10:00pm on 05/16/06 (5)
- Oh man, Flashback time: we're walking throughTaos plaza, it's snowing and we pop into - MarilynFL - 10:04pm on 05/16/06
- It is Marilyn, serve it with these Rec:Tangy Orange BBQ Shrimp & Bacon and Jicama & Red Pepper>>> - orchid - 10:43pm on 05/16/06
- We have a New Mexican-style restaurant here that we love, and their... - Michael in Phoenix - 9:38am on 05/17/06
- Michael and Lisa...you're both welcome. Enjoy! [NT] - orchid - 6:30pm on 05/17/06
- Thanks orchid, this looks wonderful! [NT] - LisainLA - 4:47am on 05/17/06